Florida man fights his way out of a 3v1 ambush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saur

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wmy0Wybcd0

blood was what everywhere? lol

http://cbs4.com/local/Palmetto.Bay.shooting.2.1729133.html

Jun 2, 2010 7:21 pm US/Eastern

Ambushed Palmetto Bay Man Tells Survival Story

Reporting
Gary Nelson

PALMETTO BAY (CBS4) ―
Miami-Dade police put out evidence cones marking spent shell casings after a Palmetto Bay resident was shot in the parking lot of his apartment complex on June 1, 2010.

John Lee says he's convinced they would have killed him if he hadn't had his gun. Lee was talking from his hospital bed Wednesday about the three armed robbers who ambushed him in the parking lot of his Palmetto Bay apartment complex, shooting him four times as he fired back with his own pistol.

"They told me 'give it up,' but they didn't give me a chance. They just shot," Lee said as he lay sedated in his Ryder Trauma Center bed with bandages covering his abdomen, left arm and left hand. Lee was set upon as he got out of his car at the Royal Coast apartment complex where he lives shortly after midnight Tuesday morning.

Lee said the bandits gave him no opportunity to comply with their demands before two of them started shooting.

"The first bullet caught me in the hand and spun me around," Lee said. "I reached for it. I started firing my gun. I must have gotten hit a couple more times, but I didn't feel it at the time. I just started firing back, and the guys ran off."

Lee said he was concerned for his wounded arm and hand, unaware that two slugs had hit him in the gut.

"I looked down at my shirt and I saw blood spewing everywhere. I took off my shirt and that's when I knew I was hit."

Lee, a father of four and a supervisor at Sam's Club where he has worked for ten years, got a permit to carry a concealed weapon several years ago.

"It's rough out there. You never know. So I decided to get my concealed weapon permit, hoping I'd never have to use it."

Lee says he drew his gun, a Glock semi-automatic pistol, only after the robbers started shooting. He's convinced the attackers, who made no attempt to conceal their faces, would have killed him had he not been armed.

"If I hadn't had my gun on me, I wouldn't be talking to you right now," Lee said. "They would have finished me off."

Lee said he does not routinely carry the gun on him, but decided to tuck it into his waistband Tuesday morning because he was getting home late after a long day at work, followed by a visit to see a sick relative.

Lee said his attackers were dressed in "all in black" with pullover "hoodies," and appeared to be in their late teens to mid-twenties. He had never seen any of the men before but "would know them immediately" if he saw them again.

He said he was determined not to allow himself to be killed, for the sake of his children. He didn't want to leave them without a father.

"I can't even contemplate that, not being around my kids, not seeing them grow up," he said, his voice choking.

Despite being shot four times, including two shots to the abdomen, no major organs were struck. Doctors operated on Lee's shattered hand and arm, but his abdominal wounds did not require surgery.

"I'm blessed. It could have ended up a different way," he said.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bravo for him! He did a great job and lived to tell about it. I hope they catch those three scumbags before they kill somebody.

thesensei

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lee said he does not routinely carry the gun on him, but decided to tuck it into his waistband Tuesday morning because he was getting home late after a long day at work, followed by a visit to see a sick relative. ...

Do you think he'll be "routinely" carrying from now on? I hope so!

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"I got shot several times, but I didn't feel it at the time"

So much for the hipshot tactic. :lmfao:

That guy is right too; If he hadn't had that gun those robbers would have finished him off right there to eliminate a witness.

brettlt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stories like this are exactly the reason I carry now. This guy did nothing wrong, and didn't have any chance at all without his gun. Hopefully he recovers quickly and they catch the scumbags.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
cbs4.com/local/Palmetto.Bay.shooting.2.1729133.html
[/URL]
Jun 2, 2010 7:21 pm US/Eastern

Ambushed Palmetto Bay Man Tells Survival Story

Reporting
Gary Nelson

PALMETTO BAY (CBS4) ―
Miami-Dade police put out evidence cones marking spent shell casings after a Palmetto Bay resident was shot in the parking lot of his apartment complex on June 1, 2010.

Lee said as he lay sedated in his Ryder Trauma Center bed

Wile it Appears that he did a good job. Talking to the reporters or the police to that extent will NOT be good for him!!!!!
Least he end up like our local Pharmacist:faint:

Ill refer you to this thread. http://www.okshooters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12516

Latest posts

Top Bottom