For you doubters, climate change IS coming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a gal friend I've known for 40 years and her family just moved from Vegas to North Dakota and shes pissed its already snowing like a dusting amount. I told her, ummm, its ND, what did you think it did up there in winter? She said ummm, its not winter yet! And I told her, ummm, it is in ND, wait till January! LMAO

I heard a report the other day that Montana had a freak storm dumping 4 feet of snow in some area. I guess she should be lucky she wasn't there. She might have to walk somewhere and buy a snowblower.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard a report the other day that Montana had a freak storm dumping 4 feet of snow in some area. I guess she should be lucky she wasn't there. She might have to walk somewhere and buy a snowblower.
I heard that too. Montana is my favorite place on earth and I'd love to live there but not so sure of winters.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today was the first day I felt that distinct Northerly chill in the air in SWOK. Working outside every Summer, you'll never hear me complain about cold. I'd move to Minnesota in a heartbeat.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the late 70's I spent 2 month of a winter in Pinedale, Wyoming,,,
I will never again live in a place where an entire town can be snowed in for 3 days before the plows get to you.

I've lived in three places on the upper peninsula of Michigan,,,
Two places in upstate New York,,,
One place in Minnesota.

I'll take Oklahoma any day.

Aarond

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Father said his dad always told him his father was from Minnesota. One winter, he took a snow shovel and stuck it under his arm and walked straight south until someone asked him what it was.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Red lodge MT. At the base of Bear Tooth pass, the entire town covered in about 10 feet of show every year. Have to tunnel out and up I guess to where your snow machine is parked if ya wanna leave the house. IDK buddy was telling me about it as he lived there 5 years but he may have embellished the truth. He did go over bear tooth a few times with his snow machine and he said you better have a serious show machine if you intend on making it. Dont bring some sissy machine made for getting around on flat ground snow and expect to get far. Him and his 2 boys used to race to the other side. I've driven it and its the very best pass I've seen ever, and I have been over all of em. Cant imagine it on a snow machine.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been enroute to Denver and hit Colby, KS on I-70 when they closed it. They have gates they close to shut down the interstate. The local NG armory had APC's that were called out to rescue the ones that were trapped.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Red lodge MT. At the base of Bear Tooth pass, the entire town covered in about 0 feet of show every year. Have to tunnel out and up I guess to where your snow machine is parked if ya wanna leave the house. IDK buddy was telling me about it as he lived there 5 years but he may have embellished the truth. He did go over bear tooth a few times with his snow machine and he said you better have a serious show machine if you intend on making it. Dont bring some sissy machine made for getting around on flat ground snow and expect to get far. Him and his 2 boys used to race to the other side. I've driven it and its the very best pass I've seen ever, and I have been over all of em. Cant imagine it on a snow machine.

That's pretty bad. Needing a snow machine for zero feet of snow.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ROFLMAO, love it when people are ready for cooler weather and then when it's cool they complain and wish for warmer weather. I don't care either way and never really have. Hot, cold, whatever. It could ALWAYS be worse so why complain about it.
Not me. I told my brother that I would've moved to Alaska years ago but for one thing: I hate the <bleep>ing cold.

Now, I might admit to preferring it not quite as hot as it has been, but I'll take summer over winter any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom