Ford Flat head V8 ( where to buy)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have a pre '41 block, there are 4 freeze plugs in the pan rail. You can see the two bulges on each side. The later ones didn't have the plugs and were flat the entire length of the pan rail. Time to pull the pan. This could be an easy fix with plugs and pan gasket. Hopefully this is the case!

If it's a later block it may still be able to be fixed by drilling ends of cracks and pinned and stitched if not chunks are not broke off

Last edited:

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Other than a dressed flathead looks like a piece of art, and nothing sounds better than a flathead through straight pipes or glasspacks. Besides the fact, everyone and their dog has a sbc in an early ford including me. It's the easy way out.

It's alot cheaper to build, find parts, and make power with the belly button chevy mouse motor.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I figured that might be the case - my knowledge runs almost completely to Chevy mouse and rat motors, so I wondered what I was missing about the Ford flatheads. As for the sound, I dunno - a 350-hp 327 with side pipes in a '67 Corvette sounds mighty cool :wink2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom