Ford Flat head V8 ( where to buy)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks a ton for all the interest.

To me, The flathead is a lot of things a more modern engine is not. Its like a Harley motor to an old Harley. The sound and feel of anything else and the experience is lost. Value wise I'd think the car would be worth more and as odd as it sounds be more unique. Lastly, To me... There is great value in re-tracing the steps my grandparents could of taken.

For now, I think I'm set on where I want to go with the motor. We are going to get it pulled and than taken apart to get inventory of what we have and what we need. Hopefully I can con someone like Buickfreak to help out or send it to Cali and let HNH do the work. The goal it to get the most HP out of it while still retaining its factory'ish look and sound.

Ty,

I'll hope you'll post pics from time to time. I'd love to see the progress on this project.

Phillip

Yea, I need to go get some pictures of it in it's present condition and post em up.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You may try Parr Automotive in OKC. They sell a lot of parts for the older classic motors. If they do not have the part they will probably point you in the right direction. There used to be a junkyard on the south side of Stillwater. Hauf Auto IIRC.

Hauf is outta business. No cars and high prices on the junk that's left. OH and don't call it a junkyard, he's a dick if you do. He's a dick anyways.

Don't put a chevy in a Ford... just don't. I shouldn't need to explain.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^^^ This. Can stroke it out to a 347 if you want. Really small package.

I don't need a ton of power in a 38. I'll have a 55 for that. And why get a 302 when I've already got a 351?

i75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_tyromeo55_23d15d42.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom