Ford will make you obey!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well it appears you can't disable it with the keys and such on a 1st gen like you can on the newer trucks. Damn. You could probably find the buzzer under the dash though and just clip a wire till it stops. You'd disable seat belt, door, and headlight buzzer all most likely :)

I have the real factory manual that tells how to troubleshoot and program using the idiot lights. Couldn't find out how to disable using that book.

None of the stores around have the right adaptor to hook up to the first gen module either. My check engine light has been on for 10 years now. Still running good, so I suspect its a bad connection somewhere. Everything runs fine.

Thanks for looking!

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chevy interiors start to rattle once you get 30k or so miles on them. The rest of the vehicle can be fine, but that rattling will drive you bonkers. Buy a Toyota. :)

Every thing I own rattles. I am deaf in one ear, and the other rings all the time. Most of the time I am in a worn out Jeep with no doors or top. Bonkers? No sir. The sweet, hypnotic sound of machinery.

Nothing cheaper and more common/available than Chevy truck parts. Everything breaks, or maybe I just break everything. Anyway, I have a Dodge right now, and while I love the 375 ft. lbs. of torque, the interior is falling apart (typical Dodge), and the parts are out of this world to buy. Still, it has almost 200,000 miles, and is still going strong. I think our Chevy only has 160,000. Our Jeeps have 239,000 (YJ), and 175,000 (CJ5). I don't own a Ford. I have. I just don't now. Certainly not that one!

My grandfather would turn over in his grave if I bought a Toyota. At least they just made mostly vehicles during the war. Mitsubishi made Zeros. He was in the south pacific theater, not the European. I don't recall ever hearing him say a single kind word for anything Japanese. After the war, he, and my grandmother, mom, and aunt lived in Germany for a few years while we rebuilt what we blew up, but that....... is another story.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go work on my old Suzuki dirt bike. BANZAI!!!!!!

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sheriff's department had a ford that didn't have the police package in it and it was limited. We had to get the module changed in order to make it useful for chases.

Old Timer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
95 Tacoma. The key in the ignition needs to go away too when the door is open. I spend a lot of time working behind the truck on equipment or in the barn, so its nice to leave the doors open and turn on the stereo. I have to leave it outside because the barn will block the radio.

Keep thinking I need to replace this truck, but its like the energizer bunny, and I hate car shopping.

A small flat piece of metal 1/2 wide, 2 long, with a hole in one end, worked well for my door switch.
I drilled a small hole just below the switch, and mounted the flat piece with a single screw where it would swivel up and hold the switch in.

When you hop back in, the plate will swing back down as you drive, to "reset".

Worked well for my Nissan for 17 years and well over 250k miles (Spedo broke).

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A small flat piece of metal 1/2 wide, 2 long, with a hole in one end, worked well for my door switch.
I drilled a small hole just below the switch, and mounted the flat piece with a single screw where it would swivel up and hold the switch in.

When you hop back in, the plate will swing back down as you drive, to "reset".

Worked well for my Nissan for 17 years and well over 250k miles (Spedo broke).

There ya go! redneck ingenuity at its finest. :D Thanks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom