Fords

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I heard from the rumor mill is that later this year Ford will make a heated tailgate as standard equipment on the Ford pickups.

Due to popular demand, this will make it more comfortable to push them so frequently in the wintertime.
I thought it was to give the Dodge guys a warm place to sit while the Ford guy hooked up the tow chain after their transmissions fail?

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is not a pick up but my Ford Escape Titanium with 1.6 motor runs like a scalded dog. Was on turn pike 75 miles per hour, RPM 2200. New 1967 Mustang 70MPH was turning 3000 RPM. Have owned lots of Ford pickups.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 67 Ford F100 took me through high school and half of college when I bought a 73 Ford Ranchero. I have had Fords and Chevy pickups all my life and currently enjoy my 2004 Silverado low and sleek compared to the modern bricks running down the road.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always wondered if it was because so many companies use Ford for their fleets. I’m mainly thinking of oil and gas companies.. they rarely have Chevys or Rams.
I worked in the oilfield from 70-88, and did everything from being floorhand on deep well drilling rigs to being a Company Man for a large international drilling/engineering firm and know the answer to your question. Ford's Twin-I Beam Suspension and their 3/4 ton 4-Wheel Drive trucks take a beating and would last.

Very few chevy's and dodge's being in the oil patch was because the suspension on those two trucks SUCKED and they would fall apart within 6-9 months. Todays new fords have a crappy front end and don't last long in the oil patch.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always wondered if it was because so many companies use Ford for their fleets. I’m mainly thinking of oil and gas companies.. they rarely have Chevys or Rams.
A couple years ago when I was there Halliburton switched to all Chevy trucks. They weren’t an improvement over the Ford’s they replaced, but for the most part they weren’t any worse. The worst part of the deal was mostly the horrible dealership service.

my personal 2015 Silverado on the other hand is a giant piece of crap. 99,000 miles on it and I’ve already had to have the engine pulled and rebuilt from a bare block with a whole new top end. The transmission (the good 6 speed) is iffy at best, I’m concerned about its life expectancy. My AC just crapped out, I’m pretty sure my entire front end already needs rebuilt, the paint is garbage, my hood flexes just when driving down the highway. The door weatherstripping, while in great shape, is not exactly good at blocking sound and such on windy days. I would get rid of it if it weren’t paid off. But I’m making myself keep it for at least another year. It’s nice to not have a payment, so next vehicle is gonna be a cash purchase.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple years ago when I was there Halliburton switched to all Chevy trucks. They weren’t an improvement over the Ford’s they replaced, but for the most part they weren’t any worse. The worst part of the deal was mostly the horrible dealership service.

my personal 2015 Silverado on the other hand is a giant piece of crap. 99,000 miles on it and I’ve already had to have the engine pulled and rebuilt from a bare block with a whole new top end. The transmission (the good 6 speed) is iffy at best, I’m concerned about its life expectancy. My AC just crapped out, I’m pretty sure my entire front end already needs rebuilt, the paint is garbage, my hood flexes just when driving down the highway. The door weatherstripping, while in great shape, is not exactly good at blocking sound and such on windy days. I would get rid of it if it weren’t paid off. But I’m making myself keep it for at least another year. It’s nice to not have a payment, so next vehicle is gonna be a cash purchase.
I thought those things were all considered normal and still reliable for domestic trucks.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

I had a 2015 Silverado LTZ with low miles when I got rid of it. I’m glad I did. I could tell it was gutless and wasn’t gonna be a good truck later.

before that I had a 2008 f-150 (loved it)

and a 2014 f-150. (Hated it).

I have a 2017 Ram 1500 Laramie now. My most favorite truck I have ever owned. I’m hoping I don’t start getting issues, it seems like a solid truck and I want to try and keep it for a long time. I will probably buy a Tundra after this one craps out though.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But seriously folks, the prices of new trucks is outrageous. I'd like to have a new pickup, or even one a few 3, 4 or 5 years old, but the pricing is insane.

I don't know how anyone is affording a new 70,000 dollar trucks, or even a 60,000 dollar trucks. I hear the new ones are typically being financed at 8 years or so. 96 payments!! Are you kidding me?

Lord help you if you wreck and total out a new one, and are financing it, you'd better by golley have some sort of GAP insurance.

I've kept my ancient 1999 Chevy S10 pickup that I purchased brand new in 1999, because it just won't quit. It just starts and runs like always. I never thought it'd last this long. Nowadays my Camry is my daily driver and it won't quit either.

Bro-in-law had the rear end differential go out on his 2014 Dodge pickup. Took about 3 months to get the parts to fix the stupid thing. Good thing he has a spare pickup laying around, it's a year 2000-ish Dodge V-10 that just won't quit either. Looks like crap but just won't quit running.

Latest posts

Top Bottom