1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Form 4 problem

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by tyromeo55, Sep 8, 2010.

1. tyromeo55

tyromeo55 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    If there is an error in your form 4 does it get mailed to the transferee or the dealer? I've never had a problem before.

2. Fyrtwuck

Fyrtwuck Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Since I don't know if you're selling it to the dealer or the dealer is selling it to you and I don't know which one is the transferee, I'll say this.....

It will be returned to the seller.

3. tyromeo55

tyromeo55 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Out of state purchase transferred to my dealer who is transferring it to me. Called today and he said there was an issue and it was bein mailed back. I'm 99%sure my part was good wondering if the dealer forgot to sign the form.

4. 338Shooter

338Shooter Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    It will go to the transferror (your dealer).

5. tyromeo55

tyromeo55 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Well, That's what I though but the lady that answered the phone at the ATF re-assured me that they would be mailing it to me. I'm thinkin she is wrong.

Thanks-

6. tyromeo55

tyromeo55 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    For those that wonder...

The lady at the NFA who answered the phone was wrong like I originally thought. I just got off the phone with Curtis @ S&H and he has already taken care of the problem. The information that was put on the form 3 to him was inconsistent to the registry and they wanted it clarified or something like that...

Thanks again

7. Fyrtwuck

Fyrtwuck Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    This is good news. It means that the examiner is looking at it. As soon as they get the corrected form back, it should be approved. I'm guessing a week at the most for the turnaround time.

8. 338Shooter

338Shooter Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Yeah, that form isn't yours until it is stamped and signed. Even then it is your transferring dealer's job to give it to you with the item. I don't think they would mail it back to you and unless it was missing a signature a lot of times it can be cleared up over the phone without mailing it to anyone I think. Especially if the dealer has a good rapport with the examiner.

My thoughts as well. Kinda like what the monkey said when the train ran over his tail...It ain't gonna be long now.

9. djcorrell

djcorrell Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    so someone at the .gov atf was wrong. imagine that. now if you were wrong it's a big deal.http://www.okshooters.com/forums/images/smilies/buttkick.gif

10. ColtDogg

ColtDogg Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    This happen to me mid part of Aug. The woman I talked with at NFA said that they was sending ME the info. I waited a few days an did not see anything and called back again and then I was told it went to the Major. He call me the next day letting me know what happen and what we needed to do to fix it. About 2 weeks later, I got to go pick up my AAC M4 2000 from the Major!!

This was the first time something like this ever happen to me, but things happens.