four wheeler purcahse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If buying a Honda, Bartlesville and Shawnee are hard to beat. They will be less than the MSRP.

I have noticed this at Shawnee but Bartlesville is getting to be a good drive from me. I will check them out as well though. Shawnee has a few pretty good deals advertised on Ebay that are not advertised on their main site.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have noticed this at Shawnee but Bartlesville is getting to be a good drive from me. I will check them out as well though. Shawnee has a few pretty good deals advertised on Ebay that are not advertised on their main site.

Had a friend who bought a rancher at Shawnee last year, prices were almost identical at both places...........................much lower than other dealers.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
agreed hondas and yamaha's are hard to beat. beside the grizzly i have,i have an 02 suzuki eiger 400 and kawasaki prairie 400. and all seem to be nearly bulletproof.just be on the lookout for a nice CLEAN jap bike and have fun

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Canam/Bombardier and Jones Offroad

Although, it seems like they make a quality product. It is clear that they are the "Techies" of the four wheeler world. They seem to have a lot of electrical extras or bells and whistles. I am really liking the idea of simple and reliable. While I am sure that these bikes are reliable, I am not real big on the idea of all the "cutting edge" technology. I like the idea of buying in to something that has proven itself over time and little change.

Not to mention that they are at the top end of the pricing scale. For the price of some of the Canam bikes, I would just buy a Side by Side instead.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm also lookin for a quad. I can't decide if I need 4x4 or not. The area i would be riding at is mostly flat but there is a big winding trail on a hill that could give me trouble if its really muddy. I just don't know if the 4x4 is worth the extra money. Do you guys that have em recommend spending the extra money?

Ozark Tracker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
both of the foreman's I had were 4 x 4, the first one was a full time, it went on anything, when we had the big ice storms I would drive it down to check my turkeys, I could pull right up to the door and never have to step on the ice. it did good in mud too, even if it got on high center you could yank it back and forth and it would eventually pull out, the second one I had was part time electric 4 x 4, went just as good and never had a problem with it, we use ours every day of the year no matter if it's 100 or zero, we hit the starter and they have not failed us. if the 2 wheel drive Rancher got stuck, I've always been able to get behind it with a 4 x 4 and get it out, so I would opt for the 4 wheel drive, just another thing to help get you back to the house when you go out for fun.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had yamaha, Suzuki, Honda and now a Polaris ranger. I'm also about buy two more sport quads (getting back into riding) one yamaha and one Suzuki. Out of all the quads I've owned, borrowed or just rode with NONE is "better" than the other. They are all nice, do their job well and will take care of you if you take care of them. Pick a color or which ever you think is the prettiest an go for it.
As far as looking at used, typically if they took care of the outside the inside is just as clean. Not always the same for the opposite. I "use" my quads but don't abuse them and they are well taken care of mechanically, but the outside shows they have been used. It's not hard to find a nice used quad with super low hours, one the guy just had to have and he took it out 2 times in 3 years and just wants to get rid of it for what he owes or less. Buy used is always a risk, but if your mechanically inclined there isn't anything on a quad that is to expensive to fix yourself. But one thing is for sure, if you buy new you will always take a huge hit. The quads I'm looking at now cost about $6500 new, I'm finding 3-4 year old quads that look dang near new for $3000 +/-

Latest posts

Top Bottom