Free Shooting Range in Oklahoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A coworker of mine said that the Lexington Wildlife management have a free shooting range which is open to the public, does anyone know if this is true or not?

Lexington and Slaughterville are about 10 mins south of me so if someone can confirm this then Im picking up some ammo and will be there within the hour. lol

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wowww! I dont hunt AT ALL but if I can waltz up to walmart and get a license and shoot year round for that price then im about to hop on it.

I hope they dont "call me out" on not being a real hunter bc i certainly dont look the part nor have hunting equipment.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wowww! I dont hunt AT ALL but if I can waltz up to walmart and get a license and shoot year round for that price then im about to hop on it.

I hope they dont "call me out" on not being a real hunter bc i certainly dont look the part nor have hunting equipment.

Those prices were the ones for online at the Oklahoma Wildlife website. I think WalMart is the same price but be aware they might be allowed to charge a couple $ more, I don't know.

elcaBob

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I shoot at a WMA range quite often. I shot there twice before I knew about the hunting license requirement. I go on a Friday night to pick up the license and HMT204 and I head out to the range the next morning. We weren't there an hour before the game warden comes in and checking licenses.... whew!

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot at a WMA range quite often. I shot there twice before I knew about the hunting license requirement. I go on a Friday night to pick up the license and HMT204 and I head out to the range the next morning. We weren't there an hour before the game warden comes in and checking licenses.... whew!

what is WMA? and what the heck is HMT204? i dont known squat about hunting and outdoors so excuse my ignorance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom