Free Shooting Range in Oklahoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup, it's cheap really for the hunting license, all you need is the plain old Oklahoma Resident Hunting License, it's the standard thing. No extra tags or anything required.

I've never been out to Lexington, but from hear of it there is a 100 yd rifle range and a pistol range that goes up to 100 yards as well. I doubt they have any structures or shade, but you'll probably have a backstop berm and a marked area for shooting from that was measured off. This is supposed to be the address: 180th St & York Rd, Lexington, OK 73051. Don't know how reliable that is but if you ask them at WM for a hunting area map they might have one and it will have the area marked on it.

Have fun!

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool. I don't know much more than my last post but hope it works out for you. If they don't have any shade out there, invest in one of those $50 pop up four legged awning things from WM and with a folding chair and folding table, you'll be better off than most ranges anyway.

Have fun and blast a few for me.

ch-47 mech

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't quote me on this but i am pretty sure you will need a hunters education card or number before they will sell you a hunting license. You might give walmart or where ever your planning to purchase your permit a call to check. i do know that if you were born before a certain date your not required to take the course.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
mech your right I just called walmart and he said the year was like 1979 or something. I have to take a course. I believe he said the courses are free and held just around town and places but i have to get that squared away first. This is still a good option but its not going to have this weekend. For the time being on to Sgt Everetts!

ch-47 mech

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again I'm not for sure but I think there was a license that could be bought that was like a learning permit would probably require someone to go with you that has the actual license butt it might be an option

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can get an apprentice license but a regular licensed shooter/hunter has to be with you. The Lexington range is roughly q00 yds on both ranges, no stands, limited tables that are uneven, trash all over the place and no shelter/cover. I still shoot there often though.

Another thing is that this year if a person is on WMA land they must have a hunting, fishing, or land use license. The WMA officer told me a few weeks back that this law went into effect because people were using the land without having to pony up anything for the enjoyment. Also remember a WMA is an officer of the state so he can write tickets for speeding, shooting, and any other violations. This year alone I have been checked no less than 5 times.

Latest posts

Top Bottom