Freezer repair. Labor only

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerbulldog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know of a source for replacing a freezer evap? Got quoted 600 for a part I found online for 200. Need someone to install and charge it for me. Tulsa area.

thanks

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most repair shops make thier profit on parts markup,it you're going to cut out their profit you might have a hard time finding someone to do it. No profit = no warranty also

soonerbulldog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most repair shops make thier profit on parts markup,it you're going to cut out their profit you might have a hard time finding someone to do it. No profit = no warranty also

Yeah I had this in mind but paying 600 for a part I can find for a quarter of that I figured I'd try to find a repairman that would do the labor.

This is an all freezer standing. No idea on refrigerant. Its only 4 years old.

SdoubleA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Kind of like taking your own steak and eggs into a cafe, and asking them to fix your breakfast.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll ask again a little different.

What exactly is wrong or what brought you to the conclusion that you needed a new coil?

What model is it. There will be a tag or sticker with a model number.

On the sticker it will most likely have what refrigerant it uses.

soonerbulldog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll ask again a little different.

What exactly is wrong or what brought you to the conclusion that you needed a new coil?

What model is it. There will be a tag or sticker with a model number.

On the sticker it will most likely have what refrigerant it uses.

Repairman came out to diagnose and advised the cost of the part. Its all good now though. I got a second opinion and the original estimate somehow got cut in half. I'm the first person to pay for good honest work. No telling how often these types of jobs get paid without question.

Latest posts

Top Bottom