Fresh from the ATF execution of EO 6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berettaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If all FFLs would ban together with Henschmans idea or say yes i'll do it for 2x the cost of the gun in questions sale price.We can discourage all the soft 2A supporters (those who give just lip service) to grow a pair. :(singing)"we shall overcome"!:D

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you feds for reminding me of the availability of this wonderful option. Let me take this time to inform you that I will NEVER be taking advantage of it under any circumstances, and that I will continue to deal with other human beings as free individuals should -- with currency and a handshake. That is all.
Yes, until Universal Background checks is passed and you are REQUIRED to do that....
You are right...if it passes, we will no longer be free......
:)

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FFL's will likely not be able to gouge. The set price in CA is $10 for the dealer and $25 for the State(DROS fees, etc.). Many FFL's don't like doing it because its a waste of the stores time to only make $10(they have to make paying customers wait while they oversea the transfer of a private party sale).

If you want to know how its done in CA.....

...If the dealer cannot legally deliver the firearm to
the purchaser or transferee or the person being loaned the
firearm, the dealer shall forthwith, without waiting for the
conclusion of the waiting period described in Sections 12071
and 12072, return the firearm to the transferor or seller or
the person loaning the firearm. The dealer shall not return
the firearm to the seller or transferor or the person
loaning the firearm when to do so would constitute a
violation of subdivision (a) of Section 12072.

12072. (a) (1) No person, corporation, or firm shall knowingly
supply, deliver, sell, or give possession or control of a
firearm to any person within any of the classes prohibited by
Section 12021 or 12021.1.

To determine eligibility under 12072, the background check, initiated through the DROS system, must occur.

Standard dealer requirements
The buyer must submit all the necessary Federal 4473 and DROS information and wait the mandatory ten days before picking up the gun.
The buyer must have a firearms safety device for each gun. Penal Code 12088.1

Standard handgun requirements
The buyer must be at least 21 years old.
The buyer must have the Handgun Safety Certificate (Penal Code 12071(a)(8)(B))and perform the safe handling demonstration required by Penal Code 12071(a)(8)(D)
Handguns transferred through PPT are exempt from the Roster. (Penal Code 12132(a))
Handguns transferred through PPT are exempt from the 1 per 30 days rule. (Penal Code 12072(a)(9)(B)(viii)) Note that the City of Los Angeles has a local ordinance imposing 1 in 30 days even on PPT.​

http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/B..._California#Buying_from_a_Private_Party_-_PPT

It would be a bit different everywhere else because there is no 10 day wait, but that could change too.......

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you feds for reminding me of the availability of this wonderful option. Let me take this time to inform you that I will NEVER be taking advantage of it under any circumstances, and that I will continue to deal with other human beings as free individuals should -- with currency and a handshake. That is all.

yep yep.

Latest posts

Top Bottom