Frigid weather and deer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you've got a feeder out, hover over top of it! We are still covered in snow down here and they are flocked to the feeder. There were about 25 does surrounding it last night around 5.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you've got a feeder out, hover over top of it! We are still covered in snow down here and they are flocked to the feeder. There were about 25 does surrounding it last night around 5.

No feeder due to the cattle, not many 22 head in 3/4 square mile, the cattle tore down my hog feeder last year so I quit that. However, I have seen your pics and posts about hogs, and that is my favorite thing to hunt year round. Would love to help you slaughter some. Thanks for the input.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd love to be slaughtering some myself. I thought our pigs had come back a couple of weeks ago. They came through one night and dozed through one of the hay meadows, so we set the traps. They disappeared and a week later showed up bout a quarter mile down the river, so we moved the traps... Hadn't seen a single track since. I rode down the river last night on another landowner and found them. Since it had snowed it was easy to tell where they were. Only way to get to them where they are now is on mules or horses with a set of dogs. Just gonna leave them be for now, they'll be back.

Cattle are a pain in the butt sometimes aren't they? Being you've only got a few days left, not worth stringin some wire to keep them out. Good luck!

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No feeder due to the cattle, not many 22 head in 3/4 square mile, the cattle tore down my hog feeder last year so I quit that. However, I have seen your pics and posts about hogs, and that is my favorite thing to hunt year round. Would love to help you slaughter some. Thanks for the input.

If you have a problem with the cattle why don't you just put the feeder inside a barbed wire enclosure. My FIL does it and it works great. Deer can hop the barbed wire to feed from the feeder as well as the turkeys. However, the bears don't mind the barbed wire and destroy the feeders.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was out Sunday just before the storm hit down south. Didn't see too much, did miss a nice boar but he wasn't on the feeders. Saw some does that came from the direction of one of the feeders. I plan on hitting it hard the last two days, I will hover over a feeder, would like one more deer to feast on.

This is the first year we've had cattle on our lease and I was worried about them knocking feeders over but they didn't knock over a single one. The coons are what kills me. I fashioned some homemade varmint guards to combat them and they have been systematically tearing them apart. Raccoons are evil little buggers.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't get home from work until after dark, but my wife is feeding the deer in our yard. She said the last two days they have been fighting over the feed.
Today, one doe took another to the ground and mauled it according to Linda.
I need a video camera to record some of this.
If I can get ahead on this home remodel, I might get out this weekend, to see if anything is hitting my areas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom