Frog Lube

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I got tired of using Fast Strike and various other CLP's that just didn't seem to work well enough for me, and I was getting tired of the constant chemical smell from them. So I took the plunge and ordered the 4oz Kit from Frog Lube on Amazon, it came with 4 oz of the Liquid, 4 oz of the Paste, an acid brush, and a microfiber towel for cleaning, all for $28 shipped Prime. I got it yesterday and started using it this morning, I can say just from using it this morning on my VZ, both AR's, and my Shield that I really like it. I cleaned all of my parts off with rubbing alcohol like the directions say to do and then set them out in the sun to warm up for the application of the paste. When the parts were nice and warm I brought them in and slathered them with the paste and let it sit on them for 30ish minutes to soak in. I was surprised at how well the paste melted into the parts, and even more surprised at how much crud come off when I wiped off the excess paste, it seems that the Frog Lube was already doing its job and cleaning the parts while sitting on them. After wiping off the excess the parts are still very slick which is awesome. Best part of it all is my guns and work area now smell like wint-o-mint lifesavers.

I will make sure to put up more info and thoughts after I get out to the range and see how everything performs with this new lube on them.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a phenomenal product. I still prefer Ballistol over it (mainly because it's more economical), but I do use Frog Lube from time to time. From my own use and experience, Frog Lube is more "slick" and has slightly better lubricating properties, while Ballistol cleans and protects/preserves a bit better. I have been using Ballistol for 10+ years, and I first tried Frog Lube about a year ago.

Frog Lube is good stuff. Love the smell, and love that it's 100% made in the US.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea the made in the USA was a big selling point to me, plus the fact that I have read that Sig Sauer Training has gone exclusively to Frog Lube helped with the decision too haha.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea the made in the USA was a big selling point to me, plus the fact that I have read that Sig Sauer Training has gone exclusively to Frog Lube helped with the decision too haha.

I know the owner was a SEAL, and I think the current SEALs use frog lube quite regularly. To me there is no better endorsement out there than that!

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I went through the Sig Armorer school almost 2 years ago, the instructor was just recently introduced to FL. From what he says, it's good stuff. From what I've seen, it's good stuff.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got me some some single tubes from LAPG for .99 each. I have not decided how I feel about it on my rifle, but I know it worked wonders on the creaky car door. I have high hopes that it will do well. I have been using Mobil 1 5W20 synthetic on the bolt for years with no problems....I hope to get the same mileage with the froglube. In the end it had better be a game changer for me to switch. I am still on my first bottle of oil...I bought it 4 years ago.....8.99 a quart.....lasts forever, high heat tolerance and super slick.....Show me a downside here....

Latest posts

Top Bottom