Froze up???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Up in Kansas at mom's. Front hit last night and the winds sounded light a freight train going by right next to you. The temp dropped over 30 degrees in less than 30 minutes. The pond is frozen over and every draft in the house is apparent. But pipes are in good shape.

Currently -8 and just an inch or 2 of fine powder snow. The wind is blowing the snow off and the roads appear to be decent. And that's good, I have to drive back to OK tomorrow with mom and 3 kids in the car for 4-5 hours....

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Mrs dlbleak sent me to Wally World for some hot breakfast sausage. She wants to make sausage balls
EFE114ED-B738-4404-8438-7FAA8D713510.jpeg

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our weenie dog does the opposite. She wants to go pee, I carry her outside and put her in a relatively snow free spot, and the race is on to get back inside. The trick is to put her far enough away from the house that she has to pee before getting to the door.

Mine normally step out and walk the perimeter of the fence line. After that they sniff around till they find the perfect spot This time, as soon as the wind hit them in face they went into race mode.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am E of Tulsa, 7' here and winds have been 7-18 over the past hour. Had less than an inch of snow. No one in the area has mentioned power problems on ham radio. I was outside for just a couple min. Nope not nice out there. My respect goes to all who have to be out in it for work stuff. Stay safe.

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Up in Kansas at mom's. Front hit last night and the winds sounded light a freight train going by right next to you. The temp dropped over 30 degrees in less than 30 minutes. The pond is frozen over and every draft in the house is apparent. But pipes are in good shape.

Currently -8 and just an inch or 2 of fine powder snow. The wind is blowing the snow off and the roads appear to be decent. And that's good, I have to drive back to OK tomorrow with mom and 3 kids in the car for 4-5 hours....
Be safe, prayers for a trouble free trip

Latest posts

Top Bottom