Property taxes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am linking this story cause I think there are a good number of retirees here. And wanted to point out that you can freeze your property tax rate at age 65 in Oklahoma. The story indicates how taxes are going up DRASTICALLY around the country.
Some places doubling. The reason is a matter of opinion but read the comments way down at the bottom of the story.
Remember. You will own nothing and be happy. And we must have a place to house the illegals eventually.
I froze mine last year while it was about 2400 a year. Apparently this gave Canadian County one last chance to reassess and it went up to 2800. The story says Blackrock has ties to the counties.
missouri-ag-andrew-bailey-state-auditor-take-unlawful

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am linking this story cause I think there are a good number of retirees here. And wanted to point out that you can freeze your property tax rate at age 65 in Oklahoma. The story indicates how taxes are going up DRASTICALLY around the country.
Some places doubling. The reason is a matter of opinion but read the comments way down at the bottom of the story.
Remember. You will own nothing and be happy. And we must have a place to house the illegals eventually.
I froze mine last year while it was about 2400 a year. Apparently this gave Canadian County one last chance to reassess and it went up to 2800. The story says Blackrock has ties to the counties.
missouri-ag-andrew-bailey-state-auditor-take-unlawful
This is subject to income restrictions as well as age.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I turned 65 in July so once I get my income taxes done, and I can show the county my figures for last year, I will freeze my property tax.
Yes. And there is a window to file that I can't recall. Something like jan. thru feb. Better check that too.
I missed it and had to wait till the next year. Ticked me off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom