Property taxes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I, too, froze my property taxes (Oklahoma County). Several years ago.

But, once the freeze is approved by the county, a manual renewal (continuation filing) is required EVERY single year. That fact is not well-explained on the form... really, the form's wording is a bit misleading. Carefully keep your filings up-to-date!

Millerman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is legalized theft. :)
working for a paycheck uncle sam is there with his hand out wanting his take. You take whats left to the lumber yard to build a shed to keep the rain off your horse there is uncle again. Then when you get the shed built he comes around every year wanting rent money.
I think voting should be in the same month as paying taxes.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Moving from the Rocky Mountain states to OK I can't find too much to complain about in terms of taxes. Our homestead exemption on the new place will take effect in 2024 as will the senior exemption.

Our property is split into two sections. The main portion is about 12 acres with the house, two large shops and several small outbuildings. Taxes on that are about $592 year but will decrease with the homestead exemption. The other parcel is about 7 acres and it's a whopping $4 year.

I despise paying property taxes but, since I have to pay them, I might as well pay as little as possible and take every advantage I can get.

Latest posts

Top Bottom