Furniture Rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
THIS^^^^^^

I cannot tell you how many hours and how much money and how many jobs have cratered because I was waiting on others to do their job.

I usually had to do their job over to do my job.

What is the first thing you do when you get the sack at the fast food drive through?
Check the contents of the bag every time. I learned that when I was an apprentice for an electrician back in 90. We went through a drive-through and he said check the order. I did and it was missing the cheese. He said take a big bite of it and we’re going back through the drive-through. You will get a new one. LOL.

Last edited:

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
HA !!! Mathis Brothers, that reminds me.

It's weird, really weird, when visiting family in either LA or Palm Springs CA, the TV is on, and you WILL see a Mathis Bros Furniture commercial. Rit Mathis and all that entails. They've got a store 2 huuuuge stores out there and sellling more crap than anybody else. I got drug into their store in Palm Springs (Indio) to look at furniture. UGH!

They have a small fleet of private jets and more money than some states budgets.

I remember very well, up into the early 2000 and going back forever, where they, and the other furniture sellers would run commercials bragging about their furniture was made in North Carolina.

Now a lot of crap comes out of Viet Nam and such, not so much from china.

You wonder how the Mattress Brothers, from 3434 W Wino st, decided to open stores in California? I assume it was because all their imports come into the California Ports from points in Asia and they don't have to pay freight expense to get it to OKC.

Heck, even Bob Wills has a jet. Practically giving away all that cheap assed furniture yet has a jet. And uses it, a lot.

T

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score

It's weird, really weird, when visiting family in either LA or Palm Springs CA, the TV is on, and you WILL see a Mathis Bros Furniture commercial. Rit Mathis and all that entails. They've got a store 2 huuuuge stores out there and sellling more crap than anybody else. I got drug into their store in Palm Springs (Indio) to look at furniture. UGH!

They have a small fleet of private jets and more money than some states budgets.

I remember very well, up into the early 2000 and going back forever, where they, and the other furniture sellers would run commercials bragging about their furniture was made in North Carolina.

You wonder how the Mattress Brothers, from 3434 W Wino st, decided to open stores in California? I assume it was because all their imports come into the California Ports from points in Asia and they don't have to pay freight expense to get it to OKC.

Heck, even Bob Wills has a jet. Practically giving away all that cheap assed furniture yet has a jet. And uses it, a lot.

T
Yeah, I also know a fella that is buddy buddy with them and has a jet. He's a building contractor just off of Broadway extension and Wilshire.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

T
Don't ya just hate it when a business finds what the market wants and then is successful in implementing their plans?

Just to make it clear, we will never enter Mathis's business again. We had such difficulties in attempting the purchase of one sofa, that we finally got our money back and wiped the dust off our sandles as we left.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bob mills put the hole in the back of the chair for me. I am still a bit livid about it but I did get my money back! They will put it back out and sell it again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom