G Code Incog Holster - First impressions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After a 15 week wait, I finally received my G Code Incog appendix carry holster that I ordered back in January. (Search the interwebz.... G Code has been uber fail lately at meeting customer demands).

The verdict... it sucks. At least for me. I hate appendix carry anyways, but this is by far the worst in terms of comfort and even design. Crossbreed makes a better and more comfortable appendix carry in waistband holster if that's your thing.

As a regular side in-waistband hip holster, it's "workable." Again, a crossbreed supertuck or comptac is so much better and comfortable. Most of the products Travis Haley endorses is usually good stuff, but this one is a bomb. I totally bought into the hype with this even though just looking at it I knew it had some flaws in the design for comfort.

I hear it works for those who have like 2% body fat and flat chest with 6 pack abs. But for guys like me that has a kegger up front, it doesn't work LOL. The design also makes it that carrying it on the side at the 3 o'clock position makes it print if you use both clips.

Using 1 clip adjusted at an angle makes it better, but now your pants bunches up weird and it shifts too much due to using only 1 clip. The clip is a flexible piece of plastic and doesn't look durable at all. I've known people who've had to replace their clips already.

The retention is not enough. Even with the tension screw tightened down, the retention seems non-existant. The draw from the holster isn't as slick and smooth like my crossbreed.

I normally give holsters a wear-in period of 1 week before making a verdict, but I can't stand to have this on even for 5 minutes. If you want an Incog and don't want to deal with all the customer service and ship time fail with G Code, look for this holster in the classifieds soon.

**Edit**

Here is a review that pretty much covers everything "wrong" about the holster that I noticed, as well. His review is pretty much spot on with my first impressions.
http://vdmsr.blogspot.com/2014/02/g-code-haley-strategic-incog-iwb.html

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm....I was considering a G Code SOC holster for my Beretta 92A1 w/X400, different holster but I heard good things about it, starting to question that now.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm....I was considering a G Code SOC holster for my Beretta 92A1 w/X400, different holster but I heard good things about it, starting to question that now.

Actually, their SOC holsters are good. I've used one and they're solid. I believe it's also the the holster the military is now adopting as their holster. It's a holster that I'm considering but have held off due to their business practices and handling of orders and lack of customer service. The Incog, however, is a different story. It works if you're have a flat belly and in shape like Travis Haley. For us "regular" folks, the crossbreed offerings are much better. Also to be fair, appendix carry is not for everyone. The design of the incog specifically seems to be more hype than actually anything innovative.

With that said, my biggest complaint with G Code right now is their their delivery times. Their website lists 6 weeks. This is currently false. They charge your credit card as soon as you order and if you're lucky you'll receive your holster in 10 weeks. For me it's 15 weeks. They claim it's because they're in the middle of moving to a new warehouse and increased demand, which is probably true. The way they're handling it is horrible. They don't respond to emails or phone calls. If you do get someone on the phone, they're extremely rude and only when you threaten to cancel your order do they move you to the "top of the list."

This has resulted even in some people being moved to the "top" only to be bumped back down by other people who complain. Their FB is full of complaints and there's posts on other forums about their mismanagement on how they're handling backlogged orders. They recently hired a new staff to handle orders that were made before March. There was cases of people ordering in March getting their orders before people who ordered in January.

The only way I was able to get my holster was by messaging them directly on FB. This was after 3 phone call attempts and 3 emails. The guy on FB told me that he would put my order on the directly on one of the assembly tables and guaranteed me that it would ship by May 1. It was a total of 15 weeks before I received my order.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love g-code's QD wheel and use it in conjunction with all the safariland holsters I already own. Best, most solid design i've see so far. I've never used their holsters and can't say much on them.

As far as appendix holster's go, the one by Raven Concealment looks like a good option. I haven't tried appendix carry yet. Does the pistol interfere with how you sit down? It seems like the pistol grip would stick you in the gut.

Latest posts

Top Bottom