G26 or G27

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's not much that the G27 can do, that the G26 can't. Plus, you can run G26, G19, G17 and the 33 rd. G18 mags in the G26, as well as run a factory G19 barrel in it (extended, of course). 9mm is cheaper, blah blah.

The upside to the G27 is that you can run 3 calibers in it: .40, .357 and 9mm (with a KKM (or other aftermarket brand) 40-to-9mm conversion barrel)).

Both are great guns, I just find the subcompact Glocks in .40 and .357 to be a pain in the butt to shoot fast. YMMV

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's not much that the G27 can do, that the G26 can't. Plus, you can run the 33 rd. G18 mags in the G26, as well as run a factory G19 barrel in it (extended, of course). 9mm is cheaper, blah blah.

The upside to the G27 is that you can run 3 calibers in it: .40, .357 and 9mm (with a KKM (or other aftermarket brand) 40-to-9mm conversion barrel)).

Both are great guns, I just find the subcompact Glocks in .40 and .357 to be a pain in the butt to shoot fast. YMMV

My exact same sentiments. I like quick follow shots too. The 26 actually seems to have less felt recoil than larger glock 9's.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
. . .The 26 actually seems to have less felt recoil than larger glock 9's.

Same story for the 27 over the 23 as far as felt recoil.

The 9mm 26, with the best carry ammo and good shot placement, will do the task. The 40 S&W 27 will perhaps do the task a fraction better, but with more recoil than a 26. There are more really good defensive ammo choices in the 40S&W than in the 9mm. Your plan to give the 26 to spouse, while you get a 27 will work. Another option could be to just get a 2nd Glock 26.

A 26/27 series Glock is a good bit harder to shoot well at distance (15+ yards) than the 19/23 series. Across the card table; it doesn't really matter. Some special gun handling techniques for the subcompacts will significantly up the hit potential at 15+ yards. You have to practice with these techniques.

Someone already posted that they prefer to not add the magazine extensions, with the reason of keeping the gun as small as possible; I concur. For reload mags, the full frame mags fit and are my preference for backup mags.

A.J.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I owned a G27 and really liked it. I think the double recoil springs has something to do with how it tames recoil. I believe it is more manageable than the G23, especially with the pinky extension. I was able to qualify with it after a couple of trys on the old 50 yard qual course WITHOUT the pinky extension. If I was you, I'd take Prdator up on his offer, and shoot his.

Jeff Freeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned a G23 before but when I shot it it was miserable.

I think that answers your question right there bud. If the 23 made you miserable, the 27 will make you hate life. If I were you I would just pack the 19.

Lobsterknuckles

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a glock 27, never shot a 26, but I love my 27. Only thing I'm not a big fan of is the poly body, and no thumb safety. Those are just preferences though. Great reliability for a subcompact! Hard to find, trust me, I've been looking! ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom