Gas cans and Gas Storage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a repost I did the search thing first...

I was looking for some more 5 gallon gas cans so I could store some fuel for the genny if this snowmaggedon actually happens and found that those things are expensive. I found some at Atwoods finally for $12.99/5 gallon can.

here's what I use .. Justrite osha approved fuel cans

ecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_41WnH7ooHuL._SY300_.jpg

Attachments

• 41WnH7ooHuL._SY300_.jpg
    41WnH7ooHuL._SY300_.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 143

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Local source and price please. Thanks

Graingers has em in stock but pricey .. you can mail order cheaper. got several versions with and without spout. 5 gal, 1.2gal and 1/2 gal. mine were purchased used where ever they pop up from garage sale to flea market.

due to storms in Tulsa resulting in sudden lost of power. worst was ice storm power down for 2.5 weeks ... try to keep at least 10 gal of fuel for emergency generators. we just dodged a major ice storm in Tulsa .. others were not so lucky .. there's a butt load of folks without power right now with temps headed for 2f ...

that's why I heat with wood and have several Honda Gensets...

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look up PRI-G and PRI-D

GOOD STUFF!

Also...HERE's a great source of gas cans : ) They are now listed as "utility jugs" as they are not compliant with all those crazy can laws we have now. But they ARE fuel rated jugs....that's what they're made for...the racers revolted when the new laws came into affect, so everyone now sells them as "utility". You can order extra caps with hoses, etc..etc. makes pouring the fuel SUPAHHHH easy. They are heavy duty...we've had some that we've had for years.

They have 2.5 gal, 5 gal, 15 gal....differnt colors, accessories, eetc.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stor...90&Ne=1+2+3+13+1147708&searchTerm=utility+jug

If that link doesn't work, go to www.jegs.com and search for utility jugs.

Same with www.summitracing.com

http://www.summitracing.com/search?SortBy=BestKeywordMatch&SortOrder=Ascending&keyword=jugs

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW, you can buy the CARB-compliant jugs, Ratski's valve stems, and probably the 1/2" drill bit for less than the cost of those Jegs' jugs. I actually like the nozzles on the (formerly Blitz) cans at WalMart--you can turn them upside down and they won't pour gas all over everything, which is nice when you're refueling a hot tractor that has it fuel tank located conveniently above the engine--the big problem has been the lack of a useful vent, which Ratski's Schrader-less valve stem resolves.

TurboFinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i use a fuel tank out of a truck i scrapped. i kept the electric pump in it and attached a long hose to the pressure line. i wired up a relay and a switch to it and have a couple of spring clamps to clamp it to a spare battery....all mounted on a furniture dolly to roll it around when it's full. it holds about 20 gallons and will empty in a few minutes. i kept the hoses and factory gas cap to keep it sealed. when it needs to be filled, i load it in the back of the truck and head to a gas station. works great but i do need help unloading it out of the back of the truck. i can also leave it back there for a long trip to take advantage of lower gas prices we usually have around here compared to the rest of the country.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I somehow broke a danged epa approved gas can clip thingie off the spout the other day filled up the ranger.

That POS spilled gas all over one of my boots, hands, and ground.

Latest posts

Top Bottom