Gator and Hog Hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the Javelina portion of our hunt was cancelled due to flooding but we still had a very successful gator and hog hunt in Texas.

First our alligator hunt in south Texas. I ended up shooting a monster gator. Way bigger than I expected. 11' 5" and 410 lbs

i.imgur.com_yMp1z6ul.jpg

i.imgur.com_mYeU8DUl.jpg

i.imgur.com_VGzR1CFl.jpg

My buddy also ended up getting a gator. His wasn't near my size at 7' 2" but still a very respectable mature female gator. Also we felt fortunate to both get one as it was getting late in the day and the wind had really kicked up which was limiting gator activity.

i.imgur.com_KrfwPcRl.jpg

Next we hit up my cousin-in-laws place for some night time thermal and night vision hunting. Makes for some long nights rolling in at 3:30 and 4:30am but its always a great time and makes you never want to hunt hogs any other way ever again! We had 7 confirmed kills the first night and 18 confirmed kills the second night. I say confirmed because those are the ones we actually picked up. We dropped several others we could not locate in the tall grass and wheat fields. Here are some glory pics from the second night

i.imgur.com_AoOxkVcl.jpg

i.imgur.com_cjJZhCYl.jpg

i.imgur.com_VoCHcnGl.jpg

i.imgur.com_755CTohl.jpg

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang brother! I gotta start hanging out with you guys... ;-)

Sounds like a good time, congrats on the fun!

Latest posts

Top Bottom