Get rid of your .45's...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

udiablo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not really much new, including the .357Sig.

If you are interested in it, get your hands on the April2009 Handloader and read Charles Petty's article about it.

He mentions again that some departments and agencies do not use the .45ACP due to the recoil.

Then reports some "blind" evaluations that determined the .357Sig was louder and recoiled more than the .45ACP. However, your department can get "reduced loads" for the .357Sig (with balistics like a +P+.38Special).

How good does that sound?

Bit of history included the old bottleneck pistol cartridges like the .30 Mauser, the 7mm and 8mm Nambu, and the 10mmCentaur.

Not exactly a new idea, is it?

Notice how well all of those old bottleneck pistol cartridges caught on?

Pretty amazing what a little marketing hype can do.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought a P229 357 SIG today. This is my first 357 SIG. I'm looking forward to shooting it. That being said, I'm not sure why you'd want to get rid of perfectly good 45's. Unless you just really like the idea of more capacity in your magazines, I'd stick with what you have and what you're used to.
If you're thinking about adding a caliber, I think 357 SIG is a nice, versatile round. That's why I jumped at this opportunity today.

rjbrooks7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a man that carries a 21 on a regular basis (and no, I'm not a giant, just 6' 230lbs) I find myself asking this question...What's the best backup weapon for a 21? Another 21! If it fits your hand and you shoot and handle it well, keep it. Keep them both! it ain't like they're gonna lose any value.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I own and shoot a 357 sig pistol, I often reflect on the fact that it only took 80 years to duplicate the performance of the .38 Super. But, it sure sold a lot of new pistols. You have to love capitalism!

Latest posts

Top Bottom