Get rid of your .45's...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREGO

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well guys I lied...or atleast hit a moment of extreme weakness....but am happy with the choice I made.

Ended up selling both 21's the other day, and pretty much got what I paid for them. I am now the proud papa of two brand spanking new G35's, which has replaced the 21's as my pair of full sized "ballers":gun2::naughty:

The way I see it...with .40S&W pressures pushing a 135gr Federal HST, 155gr. Hornady, etc...bullet down a 5.3" barrel, that is going to be smok'in not to mention hard hitting a flat shooting.

On a side note...I heard that certain .40 loads out of the G24's 6" barrel can boarder on 10mm performance?? I might have to pick one of those up one day, they are hard to find though. My local dealer had 8-10 brand new ones on sale earlier this year.

A.J.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congratulations Grego. You won't be sorry. When I first started in law enforcement, I carried a G22...and I liked it, but felt with the heavy snap of the .40's recoil that I just wasn't shooting as well as I could, so I went to the G35, and loved it. My re-qual scores instantly jumped up 10 points. It handles kind of like a 1911 with a squishy trigger. I've read reports of people consistently hitting 55 gallon drums at 200 yards with it. The only reason I left it was to step up to a 1911. As for simply a working cop's gun, it's hard to beat the G35 with it's potent high-pressure loads, high capacity magazine, and inherent accuracy. I wish I could afford to own both my Kimber and a G35.

GREGO

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congratulations Grego. You won't be sorry. When I first started in law enforcement, I carried a G22...and I liked it, but felt with the heavy snap of the .40's recoil that I just wasn't shooting as well as I could, so I went to the G35, and loved it. My re-qual scores instantly jumped up 10 points. It handles kind of like a 1911 with a squishy trigger. I've read reports of people consistently hitting 55 gallon drums at 200 yards with it. The only reason I left it was to step up to a 1911. As for simply a working cop's gun, it's hard to beat the G35 with it's potent high-pressure loads, high capacity magazine, and inherent accuracy. I wish I could afford to own both my Kimber and a G35.

Thanks AJ. The first thing I do to any Glock, is completely disassemble it and install Wolff gun springs, Wolff guide rod and a 3.5lbs Ghost connector. The mushy trigger is eliminated with the Ghost connector and Wolff trigger spring...atleast to me. Not that Glock springs are not good quality...because they are...but there is better and the Wolff family has been making the best gun springs in the business forever.

Signut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get rid of a 45acp in favor of a .357sig ??

I will resist the temptation to tease you over that one.... :D

I would consider trading one in on a Glock G20c...the factory comped model in 10mm... but not for anything else.

mike
gn

steyrm9a19mmfan

New to the site!
Reaction score
Texas Department of Public Safety years ago replaced the 45acp with 357Sig because the 45acp did not offer the penetrating power that they needed when they had to shoot handgun caliber rounds(opt for a centerfire rifle at this point) at a suspect who may be in an auto or behind hardened cover. The 45acp is a good manstopper when it does not have to go through an automobile door. Ironically the 38 special developed the same type of rep back when automobiles became popular, it proved a good manstopper if it did not have to go through metal first to get to the bad guy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom