Getting excited about Deer Gun, but this weather...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like that warm-front isn't going to get pushed back like I had hoped (then again, a lot can change in a few days I guess).

Still, I hate that it seems like every year we get this massive warm-front right at deer-gun (or some idiot sets the country-side on fire, or there's a full-moon, or I get a whole family reunion of coyote packs that show up right on opening day, or cattle start showing up in my feeder-areas, etc...).

Oh well, the rain will be nice and I'll be out there no matter what, but this is really motivating me to get out (as soon as I get some strength back) and get good with my bow or get a muzzle-loader.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I'm looking at right now is the wind on Saturday. 15-25 last I checked. Its great for the stand I plan on getting into. But being up in a tree when its swaying back and forth that much will be fun.

If nothing else I'll find a way to be out next weekend when its nice and cold. hopefully some of the bruisers are still around.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Leaving for Tulsa n several hours. Should get in late tonight. I too wish the weather was cooperating but need to make the best of it. Good luck to all and hope to see lots of great pics of big bucks later next week.

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang dude! You're coming from OC to hunt in OK? That's a long trip. Good luck on the hunting and Godspeed.

Leaving for Tulsa n several hours. Should get in late tonight. I too wish the weather was cooperating but need to make the best of it. Good luck to all and hope to see lots of great pics of big bucks later next week.

Kingmarine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am very anxious to get out there as well. I am off Friday and will be traveling that day with my Dad to the cabin. Hopefully the wind will stay calm and the mornings and evenings will remain nice and cold. I don't mind a little heat mid-day. Good luck everyone.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am hunting Ft Gibson Sunday and Wednesday, have to go to wicked with the wife Saturday and have a T-Sql class on Monday and Tuesday, might blow off thanksgiving this year and hunt Thursday as well. Friday and Saturday, possibly Sunday up between Lenapah and Welch just south of the Kansas border then my deer season is over we have software implementation the following week.

Won't get to hunt holiday antlerless have family coming to town the opening weekend.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am very anxious to get out there as well. I am off Friday and will be traveling that day with my Dad to the cabin. Hopefully the wind will stay calm and the mornings and evenings will remain nice and cold. I don't mind a little heat mid-day. Good luck everyone.

My time of the year......I'm off on friday, and will be in the woods for 12 days....every day...
Well except for thanksgiving day when we entertain the relatives for dinner....good times there as well.:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom