Getting excited about Deer Gun, but this weather...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The owner of my lease hates coyotes. He's a retired rancher, and he is now trying to protect next year's fawn crop. He has a gov't trapper in there right now, and there are cyanide bombs which are cutting the local population for now. I didn't have the heart to tell him that when one yote dies, two come to the funeral and stay to fill the vacancy.

I'm going Friday, will hunt Saturday and Sunday morning, then gotta come home to see a favorite nephew I haven't seen in about eight years. Bad timing, but I'll go back later, and I can't miss this visit.

If it goes like muzzleloader, that's more than enough time. . . Bringing the scoped Super Redhawk in case something gets within about 50 yards. Checked it out Monday at 50 and shot a six inch group with just a little support. On the shooting sticks I can equal or exceed that. Much over 50 I will use the 7-08. CB

Of course there's still archery.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got into Tulsa late last night. Checked my rifles at the range this morning and got my son's Henry Mini Youth Bolt .22 dialed in so he can wreak havoc on the squirls at deer camp. This weather is really irritating me with a low of 58* for Sunday. Truck and trailer are packed and ready to head out to be at camp by noon Friday. Fellas and Ladies, good luck and kill'em dead.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The best deer I've seen out hunting was the second week of Oct. Lows in the 50s and highs near 80. He was already chasing does. My Dad got a shot at a nice buck in ML season, same type of weather. I'm not too worried about it...plus there's always T-Day weekend, looks like cooler temps. headed our way.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like its going to get into the Mid-40's here tonight, so I'm half-way excited about that I guess.

Sat and Sun are hot - and we lost our rain/mist in the forecast (which sucks, it was the only thing I was looking forward to with the crappy weather).

But Mon-Fri looks promising over here.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm still excited fellas. I'm looking for each of my Sons to get a deer this year, so here's to bad weather and deer that go against the grain!

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like its going to get into the Mid-40's here tonight, so I'm half-way excited about that I guess.

Sat and Sun are hot - and we lost our rain/mist in the forecast (which sucks, it was the only thing I was looking forward to with the crappy weather).

But Mon-Fri looks promising over here.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm still excited fellas. I'm looking for each of my Sons to get a deer this year, so here's to bad weather and deer that go against the grain!

Ya know I took my deer the first monday of the season last year, I was in the stand with the sleeves of my shirt rolled up because I was warm.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Currently regretting the decision to miss opening weekend and not show up until Tuesday night.

Not like I am getting totally screwed its Nebraska's closing weekend, so I will be out with a rifle, but there is just something about that opening day!

cowgirl23

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is always something happening on the first day. My husband and I where getting our hunting stuff ready and it seemed everything was scattered. Also with this weather going to be 70 the just crazy! We will see what happens on Saturday. Best of luck to everyone :)

rhenry2424

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was hoping for warmer, but looks like the 2 days i took off for hunting next week will be the coldest. Just my luck... Told the hubby that I am making a camo fleece blanket to take. I am a wimp with cold..... My excuse is that it will add to help conceal me. Although I'd rather stay in the hotel than get out in the 30 degree temps each morning, I do enjoy sitting beside my man at the base of a tree.

Good Luck to all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom