GIRLS!! (AND guys!!) Y'all don't know how many years I've waited to be able to ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
say that here in the Old Boys' Club that is OSA!! :woot: :D But there are several of us GURLS in the prepper section and I appreciate them ALL! :)

OK, now that THAT is out of the way ...

There are several of us who post here semi-regularly and more than a few drive-by posters ... I've seen some good info get "lost" when it drops off the last page so I'm thinking about making stickies for certain topics ...

What preparedness-related topics would y'all like to see stickied threads for?

Also, would you folks be interested in getting together every couple of months for lunch/dinner somewhere? If so, I need general locations (you can PM me if you don't want it out there in PUB-LICK) so I can find some locations central to all of us (not just always meeting around OKC or Tulsa for us big city folks :naughty:) ... I don't mind traveling, but I do need to be able to plan ahead a little.

It has been my experience that these types of meet-ups turn into simply folks chitty-chatting and visiting about life in general, gardening, why my cabbage molded instead of fermented, and birthing baby rabbits, and not planning any compounds or insurrections or anything so ... If you think that you are gonna be the next Commander-In-Arms of someplace like Alpha Rubicon or the Doomsday Castle maybe we aren't the group for you ...

Also, any other comments, constructive, or otherwise, are always welcome ... but just remember ... Not all who enter, leave with all their fingers and toes ... :D

That is all ...

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Now that my health is returning, yep im game for meeting. Like a FGPT with OKC/Tulsa chapters.
As for the stickys. Id like to see some used like a sub forum. Garden, canning, BoB items. Maybe a beginner "how to" sticky.

Oh and a "how to make a sammich" sticky since we have so many women on here.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im not sure I could live in a commune, Im not that social for one and if I was busting my ass it would not turn out well for those that don't believe in doing their share for a share if you know what I mean :-)

SomeCallMeMom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in for a lunch or dinner, but I'm gonna stick with subprep on the commune... I like my alone time. Too many people too close without being able to get away makes me a little jumpy...
As far as topics, I'll add to lurker's list: a medical sticky of some sort, water storage/purification and special skills that might come in handy.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL ... You girls haven't been here long enough to know my definition of "commune" ... It's more like we all hang out together, get our work done, and then YOU go to your tent ... Good night ... Don't bother me again until we have community work to do ... Unless you need something, of course ... but you better be bleeding ... Or carrying one of your limbs ... :naughty: :rotflmao:

GC can tell you I can hardly stand living with him sometimes ... and I ADORE him ... :D

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL ... You girls haven't been here long enough to know my definition of "commune" ... It's more like we all hang out together, get our work done, and then YOU go to your tent ... Good night ... Don't bother me again until we have community work to do ... Unless you need something, of course ... but you better be bleeding ... Or carrying one of your limbs ... :naughty: :rotflmao:

GC can tell you I can hardly stand living with him sometimes ... and I ADORE him ... :D

your definition sounds bearable. I'm kind of like, you live in the middle of your square mile and I will llive in the middle of mine and we can barter and trade and stuff LOL *sigh* dreaming my reality is I live in a "master planned golf course community" I don't know or really speak much to any of my neighbors im not allowed to have a shed much less a *gasp* "farm animal" such as a hen. ugh I really want to move. oh and neither of us play golf, go figure.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the stickie ideas mention so far. As far as the "commune" would not work for me unless a night guard was needed or something similar, but if I ever win the lotto I have thought about making a prepper community. Buying a mile section and selling off 10 acre lots around the outer perimeter and using the middle for community use.

Latest posts

Top Bottom