Give away of the day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't remember how I stumbled across this website, but it sure has some interesting free software on it.

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

Only drawback I've seen is that you have to download and install the giveaway during a certain time period.

Fine for use on one computer, makes having the same software at home and the office a little tricky.

Just thought that I'd pass it along.

Dave

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know the site, nor would I download anything from it. You might get more "free" stuff than you bargained for in the way of "extraterrestrial computer critters." :mean:

It is tempting though, because creating a watermark for digital images in some software is not necessarily easy. (Today's freebie is a watermark program.)

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I have downloaded, it comes in a zip file and I download it to a specific directory.

I'm guessing you could download it to an external zip drive to play it safe.

And then I run it thru the antivirus checker.

I downloaded a MP3 downloader the other day and it has been fine. And my music listening has increased.

From what I have seen, you aren't downloading from the site, but from the software "for sale" site and getting a one day free pass to register your software.

Dave

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't remember how I stumbled across this website, but it sure has some interesting free software on it.

that's how they get you...

A friend of mine and his wife haven't had the internet for 10 years... I got them hooked up with a laptop and an isp, everytime I go to their house they ask how to take some stuff off...

I told 'em, don't click on any ad's.. they wonder why they had over 3500 spam emails in less than a month...
I'm gonna put the 'no-script' add on there next time

btw, whats an mp3 downloader??

Latest posts

Top Bottom