Glock 17 & 26 vs 19?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve owned and CC’d the 19 and the 17. I compete in pistol matches and take training classes, occasionaly, and have found the 19 a bit more comfortable to carry. The G17 easier to shoot more accurately at distances further than 10-15 yards. What you intend to use your pistol for can guide you to which size/length barrel, is most useful to you. It’s occurred to me that if you concern yourself with hypotheticals’ like, the Dicken drill, (can I put 10 rounds in the “A” zone at 40 yards?) With my carry pistol? Or, if not, shorter barrel, lighter pistol for close range SD, will be adequate.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys, Obviously the 26 with the necessary mags/mods can cover about ALL of the needs so I could make a good argument for the 26 with the right options available (such as G19 mags as spares) as the real "do all" here. It can easily scale UP, but the others can't scale down. However, if you had a 17 too, then you have all bases covered and the G19 becomes an extra gun in the safe. BUT the G19 is "always the right answer" too, so I just wanted some perspective outside my own.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve owned and CC’d the 19 and the 17. I compete in pistol matches and take training classes, occasionaly, and have found the 19 a bit more comfortable to carry. The G17 easier to shoot more accurately at distances further than 10-15 yards. What you intend to use your pistol for can guide you to which size/length barrel, is most useful to you. It’s occurred to me that if you concern yourself with hypotheticals’ like, the Dicken drill, (can I put 10 rounds in the “A” zone at 40 yards?) With my carry pistol? Or, if not, shorter barrel, lighter pistol for close range SD, will be adequate.
Well the Dicken drill is what has led to a lot of these kinds of threads all over the net...in most real world self-defense cases an LCP or a snubbie 38 would work, but "what if" LOL. But there has to be some balance to the "what if". Otherwise you might as well carry an MP5 around.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom