Glock 19 Trigger Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Danger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just purchased a new Glock 19, and was told by a friend that he thought I might like the 3.5 lb trigger better than what it came with. I'd appreciate any feedback, because I have no idea if it is a good idea or not.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're using it for self defense, I'd stick with the 5.5# factory connector it came with. I have 3.5# connectors in my competition Glocks, but my carry Glocks retain the 5.5# units.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What glocktogo said. My competition Glocks have 3.5# triggers and my carry Glocks wear the 5.5# trigger. I experimented with NY-1 springs with 3.5# and 5.5# triggers for carry guns. Up close it made no difference. For longer range precision shooting in a non-competitive setting I do better with the factory 5.5# and the standard spring set-up, so that's what is in my carry Glocks.

glock23

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The simple answer is that you WILL like it "better." It will be smoother and have a cleaner break than the Glock factory trigger. But, as already stated, if the gun is going to be used for self defense then a 3.5 trigger is too light. If my memory serves me the late Col. Jeff Cooper suggested a 4.5 lb. trigger for a custom defensive handgun, and at Gunsite (the training academy he founded) they will not let you on the range with anything lighter than 4.0!

Nick Danger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. This will be a defensive handgun, so I will stay with the factory setup. Does the 3.5# trigger make it too "easy" to pull? It would be nice to have 3 guns set up 3.5#, 4.5# and 5.5# to compare and see what they actually feel like.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The simple answer is that you WILL like it "better." It will be smoother and have a cleaner break than the Glock factory trigger. But, as already stated, if the gun is going to be used for self defense then a 3.5 trigger is too light. If my memory serves me the late Col. Jeff Cooper suggested a 4.5 lb. trigger for a custom defensive handgun, and at Gunsite (the training academy he founded) they will not let you on the range with anything lighter than 4.0!
To clarify, the Glock factory 3.5# connector actually breaks at over 4# (close to 4.5#)

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm new to the Glocks, been a 1911 guy for years.

The trigger pull isn't bad on my G19 but frankly the reset is lacking. Is there any way to make the Glock's trigger reset more positive?

Ek

seriously? most regular glocks have a killer reset; maybe yours is dirty or someone messed with it b4 you bought it.
Put a NY1 spring in it if you want more reset.

Latest posts

Top Bottom