Glock 40 MOS light striker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gen4 Glock 20 striker assembly on right, And what the assembly is in my G4 Glock 40 on the left. Not exactly scientific, but the one from the Glock 40 “feels” less heavy of a spring

Attachments

• D65F7E60-764A-4355-BBC2-D2CEDD8996BC.jpeg
    D65F7E60-764A-4355-BBC2-D2CEDD8996BC.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 107

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It sounds like someone got carried away with modifications, making this pistol unreliable.

My guess would be a light spring or trigger bar mod, or both, causing the problem.

Moparman485

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t doubt that at all. Hence why I’m gonna probably go back stock in most, if not all, of the parts. But I want to find the trouble piece first. Then see how the rest feels with it functioning correctly. This won’t be a competition gun, it will be for range, defense, and as a primary hunting pistol (for when I’m brush busting where a long rifle isn’t feasible). So reliability is the most important aspect

Moparman485

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok. Everything ok reading online, is that my Glock 20 G4 and this g4 Glock 40 have nearly interchangeable parts (at least the parts that May be at fault). Anyone know for sure that that isn’t true? The parts have the same part numbers as each other. I’m thinking if I swap one component at a time from the 20 to the 40, then I can find the trouble part and get it the heck out of there. Hha.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Ok. Everything ok reading online, is that my Glock 20 G4 and this g4 Glock 40 have nearly interchangeable parts (at least the parts that May be at fault). Anyone know for sure that that isn’t true? The parts have the same part numbers as each other. I’m thinking if I swap one component at a time from the 20 to the 40, then I can find the trouble part and get it the heck out of there. Hha.
That is what I was going to suggest looking into.

I would try the 20 striker spring in the 40 at least.

Moparman485

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Will do. Gives me an excuse to hit the range again. Kind of rained on the parade to take out the new “baby” and it had more light strikes than fires.

Moparman485

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Alright. Just swapping the striker assembly from the 40 to the 20 is hugely noticeable difference in both the sound and pull weight of the trigger. Maybe that’s it. Luckily I need to burn up a bunch of fmj stuff to reload anyways. Haha.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would start with the striker and striker channel. Make sure no oil or debris are in the channel. It needs to be bone dry.

I'm wondering if they put a light striker spring in it? That will cause LPS, but reduce weight. I used to do this on comp guns, but I used Federal primers that were very soft. I still had LPS's on occasion.

If they replaced the trigger bar spring with a light one, that would cause them too. That's a place to start.
This is good info. plus there may be plunger/striker interference. You can see this if there galling type wear on the notched in the middle of the plunger when removed from gun. Start with a total strip clean of the slide.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@druryj is my go to guy on Glocks. Let's see if he chimes in.

Jut restore it to stock, particularly new OEM springs and then clean and lube, and watch it get all better. Why screw with something like a lighter striker or spring when that is mostly a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist? Lots of so called “upgrades” aren’t. They are really just transfers. As in they transfer your money to the guy selling the “upgrades” to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom