Glock Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up a Glock 19 off the forum a couple of weeks ago and I finally got it out to the range today. Something is wrong with the slide stop. The slide stop is "springy" and is always up stopping the slide. I ended up taking a piece of electrical tape to tape it down so I could actually shoot the gun. Does anybody have suggestions about how to fix this? This is my first Glock and other than taking the slide off, I know nothing about them. Thanks!

www.infinityok.net

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up a Glock 19 off the forum a couple of weeks ago and I finally got it out to the range today. Something is wrong with the slide stop. The slide stop is "springy" and is always up stopping the slide. I ended up taking a piece of electrical tape to tape it down so I could actually shoot the gun. Does anybody have suggestions about how to fix this? This is my first Glock and other than taking the slide off, I know nothing about them. Thanks!

www.infinityok.net

Are you saying you basically have a single-shot gun? If that is the case, the slide stop is installed incorrectly. Go to www.glockparts.com and take a look at the disassembly/reassembly tutorial there...or PM for help.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a spring was broken on the slide lock the slide would fly off the end of the frame. A broken slide release spring would not cause the slide stop/release to be forced upwards, which is how i understood him to mean by ""springy" and is always up stopping the slide".

Edited to correct terminology.

Last edited:

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your slide stop is incorrectly installed. Take out the pin and reposition the spring when installing it. The spring on the slide stop is supposed to hold it down to the frame.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I agree, slide stop installed incorrectly. I did this once on a 17. Disassemble and install correctly, you will have it up and running.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This happens when people reassemble the lower end of a Glock and put the slide stop in,and then put the slide stop pin in afterwards. The pin goes in first, then the slide stop slides in with the spring under the pin...again, I refer you to www.glockparts.com fro a very good pictorial/tutorial on how to detail strip and correctly reassemble the Glock pistola.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If a spring was broken on the slide lock the slide would fly off the end of the frame. A broken slide release spring would not cause the slide stop/release to be forced upwards, which is how i understood him to mean by ""springy" and is always up stopping the slide".

Edited to correct terminology.

Thanks, had my terms mixed up.

I had a slide release spring break so the lever was free to flop up and down and would catch the slide and hold it open.

http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=7254&CAT=781

Latest posts

Top Bottom