Glock Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. I haven't had time to sit down and fix it yet, but I think you all have described what is wrong.

Now, on to another question. As someone who has a lot of experience with 1911's you can imagine my thoughts about the glock trigger. I have read about the ghost triggers some, but was wondering what others have used. This pistol will be mainly used as a carry gun. Thanks.

www.infinityok.net

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd recommend staying with the stock trigger for awhile. Sometimes a Ghost connector gives you good results that you can actually feel, and sometimes, what you end up with may be kinda mushy feeling. I put a factory (-) connector in my Gen 4 G26 and polished the internals (.25 trigger job) and like it. On a trigger scale, I have 4.5 lbs with this gun now and it is all good. My G43 has right at 6.0 lbs after a few hundred rounds and is...it is fine for a carry gun, IMO. If you must tinker with it, learn the gun and its functioning first and then you can always drop the $20 bucks or so to try a different connector. Ghost, Lonewolf, or factory minus connector. Me; I prefer the factory one (-).

Sent from my iPhone

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
While I do agree with Joel, I will say on my 19, I installed a 17 smooth trigger since I hate the grooves in the 19 trigger, a 3.5 connector and a 4# striker spring. I have shot Glocks ever since the first Gen 17s came out and for me I like this set up. While it might not be for everyone it has always worked well for me. Several years back I attended a school, where over a 2 day period I shot a 1,000 rounds thru my 17 with this setup and it never failed and the gun was never cleaned.

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Incorrectly installed. It's easy to do. Replace it while you are at it. Improper installation may have weakened or damaged the spring. They are cheap and GlockParts.com will have you one in a couple of days. I've done business with them for about five years and they are the best.

Here is help for proper installation:

http://www.mujglock.com/_download/glock_armorers_manual.pdf

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last night I finally had time to get it fixed. Didn't get to shoot it yet, but the slide stop stays in the correct position and I can manually operate the slide and it works the way it should. I still want to put a few hundred rounds through it before I call it good. I appreciate all the help.

callmecamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one of the Ghost connectors in mine and ended up taking it out in favor of the factory version. The Ghost was so MUSHY! Just couldn't get used to it. FWIW, I'm not a 1911 shooter so just realize where this is coming from.

Latest posts

Top Bottom