Glock Question - Plug or Unplugged?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

To Plug or Leave Unplugged?

• Plug It!

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Leave Unplugged!

Votes: 18 48.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is meant to be unplugged for debris and water if shooting i a wey environment Glock leaves them unplugged from the factory, and frankly, I cannot see a reason to plug it.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is meant to be unplugged for debris and water if shooting i a wey environment Glock leaves them unplugged from the factory, and frankly, I cannot see a reason to plug it.

Most of us do not shoot in a wet environment where we need the frame to drain water (the frame mechanicals would still work even if they were full of water). Most of us do have a lot of crud that falls into the open well due to it's position on the belt.

Randy_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I leave mine unplugged, and just blow in it every once in a while to remove some of the dust. I figure that it would be pretty easy for Glock to not have the hole, so they must have a reason for it being there.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, it tells us that reload times were not on the designer's criteria.

:oops3:

Especially when you consider that the original "Glock Perfection" had magazines that intentionally swelled in the mag well and didn't drop free. Perhaps a handy feature in combat where your supply chain may not be able to resupply you with magazines in a timely manner. Here on the streets in the US? Not so much.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I should add that I could easily add a drain hole to vent out into the magazine well. Ive thought about that before I first offered that mod, but I really dont see the need. When the gun is in a holstered position, it will drain out the top of the frame.

Latest posts

Top Bottom