GM Makes $1,500 OnStar Subscription Mandatory on GMC, Buick, Cadillac Models

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Before I sold my Chevy pickup my insurance company was offering me a discount if I allowed them access to the Onstar. No thanks.

I could just imagine an increase in insurance rates based on mileage and driving habits.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Before I sold my Chevy pickup my insurance company was offering me a discount if I allowed them access to the Onstar. No thanks.

I could just imagine an increase in insurance rates based on mileage and driving habits.
A used Silverado I bought came with 3 months of free OnStar. After a couple of months they sent me a report saying I could improve my driving by not accelerating so fast, not braking so hard, not driving during rush hour, etc.
That's what all these insurance companies want.

And you can bet that's what self driving cars will drive like. They won't have an aggressive driving 'hurry the hell up' driving knob adjustment.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And if you guys that don't drive GM products think you are safe from this external vehicle control...you are kidding yourselves. All vehicles will have this kind of "big brother" monitoring/control, and sooner rather than later.

Perhaps if GM takes a major hit because of their policies, the other manufacturers will get the message.

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 2002 Dodge Ram is a breath of fresh air when I drive it. Have to use an actual key, don't have to push the brake pedal to start it, no daytime running lights. It doesn't even chime when you don't have your seat belt unfastened. And it's the only place I can be where I can play all my cd's. :D
Dem
Old
Dodges
Go
Everywhere
The 318 was the only Bullet proof engine made

Latest posts

Top Bottom