Goal Zero guide 10 adventure kit deal!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abinok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you used one of these abinok? Just wondering how well they work and how durable they are. Thanks for the link.

I havent, I just ordered mine yesterday.
I have however done a fair amount of research on them. They seem to be a solid product. Theres lots of reviews on YouTube.
I plan to use the unit to charge cell phones from AAs in day to day use. For camping, power failures ect it will charge AAAs for headlamps, and AAs for lights, radios and countless other gadgets that make things easy. The guide 10 usually comes with a 3.5 watt panel, and costs $30-$40 more. This will charge more, faster.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I havent, I just ordered mine yesterday.
I have however done a fair amount of research on them. They seem to be a solid product. Theres lots of reviews on YouTube.
I plan to use the unit to charge cell phones from AAs in day to day use. For camping, power failures ect it will charge AAAs for headlamps, and AAs for lights, radios and countless other gadgets that make things easy. The guide 10 usually comes with a 3.5 watt panel, and costs $30-$40 more. This will charge more, faster.

Thanks abinok. I'm anxious to hear what you think. I'd like to buy a good sturdy solar charger and a dozen or so Eneloop batteries each in several sizes.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only think I worry about with these units is the battery charger melting. It has bee reported to do that a lot. However, I do like the idea and have been looking at them for a long time. Please report back what you think of the unit.

abinok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've read about the overheating issues as well. It seems those units were an earlier generation. Goal zero has been replacing the troublesome 1st gen units with the new ones free of charge. I've yet to run across anybody with a bad customer service experence.
More info here...

http://www.goalzero.com/blog/2011/06/13/guide-10-replacement-offer/

I should have mine today or tomorrow, and ill put it to use as soon as I can, and report back.
I think the offer expires the 30th so keep that in mind...

abinok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks abinok. I'm anxious to hear what you think. I'd like to buy a good sturdy solar charger and a dozen or so Eneloop batteries each in several sizes.

I've got about 40 each eneloop AA and AAA cells ill be using with this.
Costco has a great deal on them now... $15.30 for 10 AA or 12 AAA, and a case.

I've got all 3 generations of rayovac nimh cells to test as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom