Going rate for steel scrap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not understanding this completely. You ask for scrap prices on an underground shelter door then say it's not scrap just needs fixed.

While I appreciate the interest, to answer your question. Yes, I asked about scrap price to see what my options were, also noted it’s not scrap seeking a solution, and pardon me for saying so, why ask me a question that is no way offering a solution? To make me look bad? Brother i like ya, just wondering the hostility or whatever?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a solution. Thanks for all posting prices and solutions.

Best,

John

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought radioactive ore was way underground, as in a uranium deposit. How does a section of pipe get “hot”?

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just hauled some misc. metal. ac cooling fins, un stripped electric motors and a few cans of low grade copper and a dab of junk iron last week. I didn't have a lot of any one thing. I got $82 dollars and was going there anyway.

I only got 3 Maple Leafs at the LSC for my alchemy conversion. I have been doing this for well over a decade but the days of getting coin rolls and full tubes of bullion are over it seems. The conversion keeps getting smaller.

When I first started this I used to go to the two day tractor auctions in Muskogee and buy jalopy cars for around $250 that used car dealers piled in on the second day of the auction. You could put them on a trailer and haul them to the other side of the same town and sell them to the crushers for $450 same day. You could make 3-4 trips a day and make a killing. I put a many of smoking oil leaking junker out of its misery. And, many a PM coin that just cost my labor into Ye Olde Pirates Chest. Those days are gone.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
While I appreciate the interest, to answer your question. Yes, I asked about scrap price to see what my options were, also noted it’s not scrap seeking a solution, and pardon me for saying so, why ask me a question that is no way offering a solution? To make me look bad? Brother i like ya, just wondering the hostility or whatever?

I like you too. I'm just trying to figure out the specific question so I can provide the answer. I have no idea scrap prices and policies about over sized stuff and I would have to do my digging as others have done here with Google. On the other hand if you needed something fixed I could assist you in that way. No hostility intended.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like you too. I'm just trying to figure out the specific question so I can provide the answer. I have no idea scrap prices and policies about over sized stuff and I would have to do my digging as others have done here with Google. On the other hand if you needed something fixed I could assist you in that way. No hostility intended.

Dang interwebz gets our tone wrong. Thanks for the support

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t ya’ll miss simpler timers where kids and folks could make money a bunch of different ways, ow suburban kids can barely work till they are 16, even metal salvage is regulated, not as fun as it used to be…maybe I’ve became one of them cantankerous ole fellas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom