Going swimming. “Photos added”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
those ponds were typically drinking water for cattle, and you know what they leave in the water......

Yep Nutrients.

My son could not swim in grandmothers swimming pool he always got a rash around his gonads.

Never any issues in creeks, rivers, lakes or ponds.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pools are great low impact exercise.
My in-laws have traded houses on a fairy regular basis due to my Father in Law’s jobs and had a couple pools over the years, and after the last one, they swore they wouldn’t have another one. Well, they surprised the family with the news about 3 years ago that they were putting one in “for exercise purposes“. My daughter and her friends have been in it a handful of times, but to the best of my knowledge, my in-laws have never been in it. Their health is getting bad enough that they would need a life guard now.

I know and have known a bunch of people with pools, and for as little as the majority use them, it’s a huge waste of money.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Talked to my doc about joining the 'Y' for the pool exercise class to go easy on my knee and back.....pretty gruff old fart and he said that he wouldn't get in a public pool on a dare and he didn't care how much chlorine and other chemicals that they put in them they were still nothing but big urinals.

Long story short I passed on the 'Y'. :)

pit.jpg

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Talked to my doc about joining the 'Y' for the pool exercise class to go easy on my knee and back.....pretty gruff old fart and he said that he wouldn't get in a public pool on a dare and he didn't care how much chlorine and other chemicals that they put in them they were still nothing but big urinals.

Long story short I passed on the 'Y'. :)

View attachment 373250
As Roy Blount, Jr. put it, "the 'o' in possum is silent. Like the 'p' in swimming."

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love to swim. Had a pool growing up and was in it all the time. Our current home came with an above ground pool and we use it a lot during the summer. Rio the wonder lab also loves it. Have to clean the skimmers and filters more often but he's our kid so figure let him play. I won't swim in a pond but will when taking the boat out on a lake.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up swimming in ponds. Rarely went to pools.
Wife wanted a pool when moving to the country 33 years ago, so in my best interest, we had one installed.
Don't know what the issue was, but after about 20 years, I couldn't get into it anymore for any length of time. Became allergic to the chlorine I suspect because we were in it almost daily when warm. Winters in the hot tub.
I can't use the pools in the RV resorts we visit now, so I'm the drink go-fer for bar runs.
Looking back, those ponds were typically drinking water for cattle, and you know what they leave in the water......

Grew up swimming in Tenkiller and the Illinois River. My family was from the Tahlequah/Ft Smith area. Met Sam Walton in the parking lot of one of the first Walmart store there in town. Drove up in a beat up old pickup truck and introduced himself to us.

Can’t swim now, bilateral shoulder replacement a couple years ago, a knee last year. If I get any near water I have an auto inflate pfd on. On the bass boat for sure.

Regards,

Yep, Farm Ponds and creeks. We hit Tenkiller and the River every year with grandparents growing up. Camped at Snakecreek and Grandpa would take us to the cliffs to jump off of.

We have had pools. For several years we built pools. And with that we removed a lot of pools too! They are work, but they will keep your kids and their friends home so you can keep an eye on them.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My cousins and I learned to swim at the OKC park pools as a kid in the summer. We had a cabin at Lake Eufaula and did a lot of boating ,fishing, and swimming as a kid.

Our friends converted their pool from chlorine to salt water and really like it better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom