Good after best buy dates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea I read all of that and I think they are doing a CYA on those posted dates.
You could be right but they have to play it safe. SHTF I am pretty sure if it passes visual inspection and the sniff test it will be eaten but this is aq good guide for when you find that forgotten can in the back of the pantry.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My grandma didn’t have best by dates. We should all be dead as who knows how long some of that was in her cellar.

I’ve eaten tuna and vegetables 3 on 4 years past that date, although I just donate it to a food bank right before it anymore as canned goods are still cheap. When your can gets a pot belly or smells trash it. JMO

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get a Food Saver and a deep freezer (without auto defrost) and nothing ever expires.

Just last week I finished off some 1 year old seasoned ground beef to make burgers. It had been preserved with both vac and freeze.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grandma didn’t have best by dates. We should all be dead as who knows how long some of that was in her cellar.

I’ve eaten tuna and vegetables 3 on 4 years past that date, although I just donate it to a food bank right before it anymore as canned goods are still cheap. When your can gets a pot belly or smells trash it. JMO
Grandma also didn't have 16 preservatives and 4 added colors 🤣 .

Latest posts

Top Bottom