Good price now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been searching high and low for pistol powder and finally found Winchester WST for $27.99 and Winchester WSF for $24.95. These prices are about $9 higher per pound than powder valley where I used to get all my powder but they have it on hand. Since I haven't had to buy any powder for several years, due to buying in bulk years ago I don't know if these are reasonable prices.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Those are a dollar or two high, but $24 per lb is about the norm for pistol powder now. If they have it and you need it, get it while you can. Supply is slowly coming back but it is still very spotty at best.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The price I posted is not the for this range but I just called safety first range in Edmond and has a few 1lb jugs of WSF BUT he usually holds them for ppl that buy his bullets too.

bsd230

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's kind of like rifle powder, if you need it then sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and buy it. If you just adding to your stock then sometimes its better to pass and wait. I try to keep enough on hand that I don't have to buy the higher price stuff, but sometimes you don't have a choice. As swampratt said when you average it out over the rounds it's probably doable.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you just adding to your stock then sometimes its better to pass and wait.
I hear that.

I added 4 1lb bottles of varget to my stock a couple months ago..OSA members needed Varget and now it is gone.
So i added to other peoples stock i suppose..No mark up BTW.

I did get an 8LB jug of IMR3031 used to use it in my 30-30 and in the .308 for 150gr bullets great velocity and good groups not the best groups ..But like bsd230 stated .. adding to my stock.

Like you will be able to tell a few tenths off your group when sitting on a tree limb shaking off the cold and aiming around branches to hit a deer.. looks like i was off about 3 tenths of an inch from my aim point... :)

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The price I posted is not the for this range but I just called safety first range in Edmond and has a few 1lb jugs of WSF BUT he usually holds them for ppl that buy his bullets too.

He was doing that at J&K bullets too. Some of his customers left because of it.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He probably kept just as many because of it also.
And he did not have a bunch of powder like the big outfits have.
It is tough getting powder .. gene sears has powder on line.. as soon as it is taken off the truck it is scanned and when
scanned it goes directly on line for sale.. sometimes it is sold before the guy stocks it on the shelf.

Gene told me a lot of powder is sold within 10 minutes of scanning it..
So keep looking and you may get lucky.
3rd generation shooting supply.
Or google 3rdgss.
Just one more way to stock your shelf.

Latest posts

Top Bottom