GOP 2012 Presidency

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who would you like to see run against Obama?

• Sarah Palin

Votes: 27 14.0%
  • Bobby Jindal

Votes: 35 18.1%
  • Newt Gingrich

Votes: 33 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 98 50.8%

• Total voters

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Blast from the past! The funniest part about our banned antagonist is that he doesn't even vote.

Hmmmm, consider your statement, or lack there of. This was your contribution to the conversation, and I am the antagonist? yeah okay as long as it trips your trigger.

As for not voting, I said there have been times. If I feel that no candidate is worthy of my support they do not get it. Pretty simple. I am as free to do this as you are to cast your vote every time and complain no matter who wins.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ron Paul 2012

Ron Paul isn't going to fly. I voted for him in the primary last time around...but he scares the middle and the soccer moms.

Even though it needs to be done, I think his plan to eliminate agencies like HUD and the Department of Education will scare away more voters than it will bring.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been hearing a few things from Trump, and gotta say I like what he's said so far. Haven't heard of Thompson though...:anyone:

Fred Thompson...he made a short run of it last time around. Wish he would go again but he didn't seem to have the fire. Figured he'd be a good VP backstop for Trump.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ron Paul isn't going to fly. I voted for him in the primary last time around...but he scares the middle and the soccer moms.

Even though it needs to be done, I think his plan to eliminate agencies like HUD and the Department of Education will scare away more voters than it will bring.

I gotta have hope. I'm a Ron Paul convert. I supported Fred Thompson last time around and Ron Paul wound up winning me over. I am hopeful he can convince more people. You are right however.....the abolition of many of our taxpayer funded "safety net" agencies does scare the heck out of alot of people as it should.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ron Paul got about as much , maybe more financial support than anyone else last go round. He just doesnt market the image very well- that will always work against him.

Fred Thompson... he was ahead in a lot of circles and let his initiative die on the vine. I like what he's said (he was my Senator a few years ago) but I don't know that he has the substance to be President.

Palin? Everyone knows that our mom's are the smartest folks in the house. She could probably run the mess as well as anyone else. She's lost a lot of credibility with me... to much hype and exposure.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't vote for someone who's filed for bankruptcy four times... :shocked:

Why not....at least he understands how it works and knows how to get out of it.

A businessman who's made and lost more fortunes than the GDP of some countries might be able to get us out of this mess, at least more so than the usual train of lawyers and politicians we've been electing.

Palin? Everyone knows that our mom's are the smartest folks in the house. She could probably run the mess as well as anyone else. She's lost a lot of credibility with me... to much hype and exposure.

Palin is just like Ron Paul to me....she scares away more voters than she pulls in regardless of her personal success and admirable accomplishments.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ron Paul got about as much , maybe more financial support than anyone else last go round. He just doesnt market the image very well- that will always work against him.

Considering that the same ones that run and own the major media outlets have the other candidates in their back pocket, the media pretty much black lists him and approaches him with a general "anti" bias. Unfortunately, for those that can't see through this it does affect his image but IMO, it's largely due to how he's treated by the press.

With that said, I think the election process is largely a scam anyway. So to me it's irrelevant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom