GOP Debate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who is going to win the debate

• Christie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rubio

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Carson

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Walker

• Trump

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • Bush

• Huckabee

• Cruz

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Paul

• Kasich

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I'm the outlier on Cruz. I went in indifferent to him. His foreign policy and rhetoric are more extreme than anticipated. Sounds like war is eminent regardless of anything in a Cruz presidency. Really hope he is not the nominee. He was definitely playing to the hardcore GOP base.

I don't think its war totally he is talking about, but he advocated a very strong military like Carson, and hopefully they will do like Carson, and assign a mission and stay the fawk out of the details until the military has accomplished that mission. It hasn't been done like that since WWII, so lets hope one of them that think like that gets in office.

There was a comment by Cruz, I think that said nobody is afraid of us anymore because we are weak. And we are because of the current administration.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kind of interesting watching the after comments by the moderators. Megan Kelly basically went after Trump, and when he hit back, she is now offended. Not by what he said originally, but by his response.

I kind of saw an overall wish by the moderators to discredit Trump, and he kind of helped them.

My take on the whole debate was Cruze and Huckabee to win, not in any order. Rubio did OK.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guys at this point in time there are no real winners, only losers. None of them in the 2nd debate really scored big but a few showed they were not ready for prime time.

Bush was ho-hum tonight which is OK and safe at this point. His problem came a couple days ago with a gotcha question. Now the liberal media will dog him.
Trump was Trump. OK if you like them mouthy but with nothing to back it up.
Christie should not have bothered for the most part and only did well arguing with Paul.
Paul was Paul. A few people like him but he can never win.
Walker was to quite for my liking but looked more presidential to me and a lot of other folks.
Most of the rest had their moments but did nothing to really help themselves.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I liked Walker. I called for him to win the office 6 months ago. He did well. Considering this is early in the game, those that stayed in the background didn't loose points. He did that.
Rand Paul was the obvious looser.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Christie came across as conservative and didn't step in or on anything. Him winning the Paul argument will play well to the sheep. IOW he didn't hurt himself.

Walker held his own.

Kashich helped himself, he really didn't do anything for me before tonight, but after watching him and in the interview after, I think a lot better of him and want to hear some more.

Paul was Paul but Christie got under his skin even though Paul had a point.

Graham, Pataki, Gilmore, Santorum, Christie, and Perry should just quit now. They have no shot... Edit: Jindal is close to this point also even though I think he's better than any in this bunch..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like Cruz really well. Trump was being set up from the get go to look like a fool. He didn't do much to prove them wrong. I didn't think he did very well at all. I expected more. And Christie really makes me sick. I wish he would just drop out. He is such a liar. People ought to see right through him. When he made that comment about hugging 9/11 victims I wanted to Puke.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Christie came across as conservative and didn't step in or on anything. Him winning the Paul argument will play well to the sheep. IOW he didn't hurt himself.

Walker held his own.

Kashich helped himself, he really didn't do anything for me before tonight, but after watching him and in the interview after, I think a lot better of him and want to hear some more.

Paul was Paul but Christie got under his skin even though Paul had a point.

Graham, Pataki, Gilmore, Santorum, Christie, and Perry should just quit now. They have no shot... Edit: Jindal is close to this point also even though I think he's better than any in this bunch..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Betting money is that Kashich is running for VP. He really has no chance of winning prez at this point but if he does not screw up and make a major blunder many of the others might think of him when it comes time to pick a running mate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom