GOP Debate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who is going to win the debate

• Christie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rubio

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Carson

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Walker

• Trump

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • Bush

• Huckabee

• Cruz

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Paul

• Kasich

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Horse ****. It was in the GOP debate last night and is a valid observation. Not off topic in any way.

Perhaps you're correct that it isn't off topic, but it is a tangent that isn't central to the focus of the thread. We don't need to run down the detailed history of social change in the military, because none of the candidates did. Simply say Huckabee was wrong and leave it at that. Two final points on the matter. One, what would the overwhelming majority of those desegregated black soldiers say about TG in the military? Two, If I'd been Huckabee (and I'm not so don't conflate this as my position), I'd have just said "Every army needs cannon fodder" and left it at that!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Couldn't tell you. None of the top 10 candidates have given me a reason to vote for them yet. I'm not the type to hop on a bandwagon. Too early to tell.

Fair enough. Do you think anyone else will join the race and if not, who would you currently lay odds on to distinguish themselves in the coming weeks?

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trump = Ross Perot II

It worked with Slick Willie, so why shouldn't Hillary use the same strategy? Ross profited big time in government computer contracts after the election. Wonder what the Donald will get?

On the side....I wonder if we are going to pay Italy 14 million again to count our votes in Nov 2016 like we did in 2012....with the Diebold electronic machines, does it really matter? Is the next POTUS already picked?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd rather see Carson as the Secretary of Health and Human Services. I'd trust him to lead healthcare reform.

Agreed. That's an even better idea.

Fox scrubs debate transcripts to remove Jeb Bush service on the Bloomberg foundation at a time when it supported planned parenthood.

https://www.emptywheel.net/2015/08/...g-foundation-disappears-into-the-memory-hole/

That's an outright scandal there! Is there any question with them giving Paul the least time on mic, scrubbing one of the most damaging points on Bush and outright attacking Trump, that they're in the bag for one of the RINO's?

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's an outright scandal there! Is there any question with them giving Paul the least time on mic, scrubbing one of the most damaging points on Bush and outright attacking Trump, that they're in the bag for one of the RINO's?
That's sure what it looks like.
Reince and Roger picking winners and losers.

Lindsay Graham was on morning Joe this morning and even he thought they were going after Trump.

But the South Carolina Republican told MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” that the debate, which he didn’t participate in, “was more of an inquisition than it was a debate.”

“At the end of the day, ask the man a question that explains his position and his solutions rather than a 10-minute question that describes him as the biggest bastard on the planet,” Graham added.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/250565-trump-goes-to-war-with-fox-news

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's sure what it looks like.
Reince and Roger picking winners and losers.

Lindsay Graham was on morning Joe this morning and even he thought they were going after Trump.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/250565-trump-goes-to-war-with-fox-news

Lol, true! About the only positive for the candidates is they got asked VERY early bout their larger flaws, in front of a much less hostile audience, and they get to polish their responses for what is to come. That will take some of the wind out of the Dem's sails.

I just hope they work on their policy positions even more. We didn't get enough of that last night and some of them flat out dodged the questions, but it is early and they're probably still formulating them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom