Got 2 sheep

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sheeps are grazers goats are browsers and can clean out undergrowth. A lot of goat owners rent their goats just for that purpose. Sheeps might try the tasty bark on young trees.
sheeps will strip the bark on a tree just like a goat but they don't browse on bushes as much as a goat will. just in time for passover?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I just remembered, while I was rescuing the sheeps from the fences, all the while instead of pulling their heads out, they kept trying to push through. Made me so mad I went and got a board, cut it in half and put a hinge on it with a spring. Then I slipped the bottom board under the fence with the upright part in front of the sheeps head. Every time the sheeps tried to go forward they would hit the board with their head pushing the board then the board's spring would snap it back into the sheeps. I left the sheeps with that board mechanism and sometimes if the wool wasn't really wrapped around the wire, the sheeps would get the idea to go into reverse and free themselves.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I just remembered, while I was rescuing the sheeps from the fences, all the while instead of pulling their heads out, they kept trying to push through. Made me so mad I went and got a board, cut it in half and put a hinge on it with a spring. Then I slipped the bottom board under the fence with the upright part in front of the sheeps head. Every time the sheeps tried to go forward they would hit the board with their head pushing the board then the board's spring would snap it back into the sheeps. I left the sheeps with that board mechanism and sometimes if the wool wasn't really wrapped around the wire, the sheeps would get the idea to go into reverse and free themselves.
Oh Yea! Sheeps. i have a few expressions about those critters. but i will spare ya'll the southern wisdom.

Latest posts

Top Bottom