Got A Collet-Style Bullet Puller?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody in or near the Enid area got a collet-style bullet puller? With a .264 and/or .277 collet? I've got a bunch of bullets to pull since I settled on loads for both (actually three) rifles, and I'm tired of beating on my bench and damaging bullet points with the inertia bullet puller. I'd be happy to make it worth your time if I could borrow it for a short time! TIA

Don

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel your pain Don.

I just broke the shaft on one of my inertia pullers the other day. I duct taped it back up and it's holding so far but I just hate using it. Seems so primative with all the cool technology we have these days. :)

Wish I had a collet puller too. I'm putting it on my Christmas list!

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1) I use a small paper funnel at the bottom of the hammer to avoid damaging ballistics tips.
2) Collet pullers can damage bullets just as easy.

I've tried using hammer on wood like instructions say - that sucks; I use thick ceramic tile and rarely have to smack it more than once.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1) I use a small paper funnel at the bottom of the hammer to avoid damaging ballistics tips.
2) Collet pullers can damage bullets just as easy.

I've tried using hammer on wood like instructions say - that sucks; I use thick ceramic tile and rarely have to smack it more than once.

I put an ear plug in the bottom of mine.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, guys! I'm putting it on my Christmas list, too. But, as impatient as I am, I probably won't hold out that long. Ceramic tile, huh? Wish I had known that. I just left Hobby Lobby. Anvil? I have been hesitant to hammer on metal, but I'll give it a try. And, I have cut off one end of an ear plug and stuffed it in there. I'll go try some more. None of these bullets are crimped, but I smacked some of the .270 loads as many as FOURTEEN times before it came apart!

Thanks again!

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, guys! I'm putting it on my Christmas list, too. But, as impatient as I am, I probably won't hold out that long. Ceramic tile, huh? Wish I had known that. I just left Hobby Lobby. Anvil? I have been hesitant to hammer on metal, but I'll give it a try. And, I have cut off one end of an ear plug and stuffed it in there. I'll go try some more. None of these bullets are crimped, but I smacked some of the .270 loads as many as FOURTEEN times before it came apart!

Thanks again!
If you use a bullet seating die to seat the bullet a tad deeper it will break the seal. This makes them easier to pull.

Michael

Latest posts

Top Bottom