Got my second 1911-- this one to carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kimber Ultra CDP II

Only have about 100 rounds through it, but so far I love it. Shot mostly target rounds but also tried a few Gold Sabre JHP and it ate them all without a hitch. I think I'm more accurate with this gun and it's 3in barrel than I am with any of my Glocks. I have a IWB ordered and I'm hoping to get comfortable enough with it in the interim to switch out carry guns. I definitely have caught the 1911 bug!

ai667.photobucket.com_albums_vv33_trekrok_IMG_08422.jpg

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered the Memphis from Southernholsters.com. I saw some decent reviews for them and the lead time was 4 weeks, so thought I'd give it a shot. $75 too, which is pretty cheap compared to some of the others. I'd probably have done Milt Sparks but I'm not patient enough.

ltdavel

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'll like it. I shoot better scores with my Ultra Carry II than I do with most of my full size pistols. Cheaper Than Dirt had a good deal on El Paso Saddlery holsters that you might want to look at.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sweet lookin' pistola!
I have a IWB ordered and I'm hoping to get comfortable enough with it in the interim to switch out carry guns.
Just be sure to give it a thorough live fire testing before staking your life on it. While this is certainly true of any gun you intend on carrying, yours has a couple of reasons that makes it increasingly more important than say one of the DA 'uber' pistols....
- it's a 1911
-it has a 3" barrel
-it's a Kimber
That is not at all to say that it won't run, those are simply reasons why you should give it a good solid firsthand wringing out.(and with plenty of your intended carry ammo as well)
She's a beauty! I'm jealous.:grumble:

ETA:
I've found the Golden Saber 230gr JHP to be an excellent feeder in 1911 platforms, and of course it's got a solid track record on the street.:thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom