Got our first Ruger SR1911 in today, and...........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The in-store retail on one would be in the $625-650 range. My distributor informed me today that the LC9 production is about to slow down tremendously, and they are going to ramp up production on the SR1911. It would be nice to see these come more available.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The in-store retail on one would be in the $625-650 range. My distributor informed me today that the LC9 production is about to slow down tremendously, and they are going to ramp up production on the SR1911. It would be nice to see these come more available.

Oh wow, I saw one in the classified but it was $750 used. You guys are good to work with and your prices are good from what I saw when i did my ffl transfer.

whiskeysnoot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally got my SR1911 after one day short of 3 month wait and pre-paying. From Sportsworld. $642 before tax. Initial impression was "wow", Ruger really did well with fit, finish, and the "everything you need, nothing you don't" parts.

Then to the range. Three different mags of different manufacture and four different loads had FTF over and over. We're talking 2 rds out of 7 feeding. Decision time. Send back or cure myself? Well hell, i can fix anything!

Found lower end of breech face to be too tight. Measured .477. .45 ACP rim spec is .480. This was area of breech below the extractor. Above extractor clearance was fine. A few minutes with a file and back in business. 100 rds fired flawlessly with much better accuracy than expected.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've put about 400 rds (both factory and reloads) through mine since I got it and have had zero problems. Excellent 1911 for the money, although I got mine when they first came out. Hopefully QC doesn't start to drop as production goes up.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought mine when they first came out. haven't had a single issue. About 500 rounds and only one mis feed and that was because the wife limp wristed it. Great gun. I love mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom