Gotta start somewhere...BBQ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boiling the turkey carcass until the scrap meat falls off, letting cool, picking out the bones and put into quart zip lock bags for a broth to make fresh green beans, ham and new potatoes is another way to get more goodness from that turkey. I have 10 bags of broth in the freezer.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those Masterbuilt Electric smokers are worth every Penny you pay for them! I have had all of the different smokers and to be 100% honest I never had 1 problem with my electric smoker until the wind blew it over one night, I bought the elevated stand and was not prepared for a night of high winds.

Good luck and fun!!!

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I really thought I was going to catch a lot of grief for getting an electric smoker.
I've been using electric smokers for over 20 years. Not a damn thing wrong with them.

The best ribs I've had about anywhere besides at home come from a little bbq place here in Shawnee. It was hit by the tornado back in April and hasn't opened back up. I beginning to wonder if they will.

I guess I need to start making my own again.

Good luck!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve had a hankering all day to smoke something but wasn’t planning to do ribs again so soon, but after watching the video, I’m thinking about ribs for tomorrow and trying his method.

Like the guy in the video, I don’t want sauce on my ribs, and am of the opinion, that if I can’t eat them plain, I must’ve done something wrong smoking them. To me, it’s like putting heinz 57 on a good steak.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve had a hankering all day to smoke something but wasn’t planning to do ribs again so soon, but after watching the video, I’m thinking about ribs for tomorrow and trying his method.

Like the guy in the video, I don’t want sauce on my ribs, and am of the opinion, that if I can’t eat them plain, I must’ve done something wrong smoking them. To me, it’s like putting heinz 57 on a good steak.
I won't do ribs any other way now.

1691896945778.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom