Gotta start somewhere...BBQ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really thought I was going to catch a lot of grief for getting an electric smoker.

Nah, I think most/some/a few guys know what I use for a smoker and no one has given me any grief.

Smoke on, smoke on I say!!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really thought I was going to catch a lot of grief for getting an electric smoker.
I use mine a lot. When I catch whole chickens or turkey on sale you can bet I will grab one or two. Tomorrow I am going to try smoking a bacon wrapped pork loin. Using apple wood. Hope it comes out. I just finished making Sweet Potato Salad and have a can of grillen beans to go with it.

Nice thing about the electric smokers, you can buy bags of a lot of different woods to try cheap at Walmart and other places. I was given a large bag of cherry with the smoker and split then down to small size. I also bought Hickory, apple and oak to try on different meats. Catch them end of season and you can get the small bags for less than $2.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check out the Smoking-Meat website: Smoking-Meat.com Home - Learn to Smoke Meat with Jeff Phillips

One of my favorite things to smoke (Yoder Smoker pellet grill) is pulled-pork. My approach is super simple and I think my pork is the best of several participants each time several folks smoke "butts" for a church BBQ fund raiser.

Get big-a** butts from Costco, or such. Trim off excess fat and slather with mustard as a binder. Stick as much butt-rub as you can to that. Pop in the smoker set to 225 with a probe in the meat. Smoke unwrapped until the temperature is 165. Pull and wrap well (butcher paper or foil). Put back in the smoker and wait until the probe reads 205. Pull and let rest for at least a couple of hours (can be wrapped in an old towel and put in a cooler if 205 comes in the middle of the night). Shred after the rest (Bear-claw pork shredders work great). Eat on buns with sauce and Cole-slaw. My smoke time is usually about 17 hours.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started with a Cookshack. Only reason I sold it was to buy my Big Green Egg. I wanted to be able to smoke grill, and bake and didn't want to fill the patio up with "stuff".

Electric smokers are sure nice as a set it and forget it option and I've been eyeing Masterbuilts for awhile to add since I've moved. Love my BGE and it doesn't need much attention at all, but it needs some. With electrics you can just forget about them until the alarm goes off.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try a pork loin great for dinner and sandwiches later I cook on a off set wood burner I built myself sorry my weed eater was broke at the time lol

Attachments

• IMG_5038.jpeg
    IMG_5038.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom