Gotta start somewhere...BBQ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got back from Krogers and am doing a rack of ribs and two chicken quarters today.
IMG_3463.jpeg

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
We love to eat smoked fish. Depends on what we catch, leave bone in. Salmon jerky is pretty good especially marinated in blueberries and cranberries! Does anyone else here? Smoke fish?
I want to give it a shot eventually. As a little kid growing up in Wisconsin I remember we would save up and get smoked salmon sometimes. So good.

One of the best times I ever had at a bar was while working in Walden Colorado. It was Cash only, Beer only, and it was a chilly night. They had a bar dog laying in front of the fire, I was drinking beers in front of the fire. Some guy came by giving out a bunch of freshly smoked salmon, crackers, and some sort of jam his wife made. Got trashed in front of a fire with smoked salmon snacks and a bunch of strangers. Was a great time.

Last edited:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always lived in places that had at minimum decent BBQ (Waco, Indianapolis, Cincinnati) up to great BBQ (Memphis, Tulsa thanks to Burnco)...then I moved to Nebraska. What little there is, sucks. Last two places I tried....1 was boiled then slathered with sauce and called BBQ....bun was mush from all the water. Then tried ribs at a another place and it was like those "ribs" you get at the Chinese buffet.

So...you get to take matters into your own hands and start somewhere. Gonna try the 3-2-1 method on ribs tomorrow. Picked up a butt and 2 slabs each of 3 cuts of ribs on Friday. Even if not amazing, it'll be better than anything I've had around here! She's almost done being "seasoned" in. Yeah I know it's not a hasty bake or whatever but it'll get me started and learning.

View attachment 401284View attachment 401285

Where do you live at?

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I really thought I was going to catch a lot of grief for getting an electric smoker.
No grief here, busy as all get out without having to babysit a smoker. But I am sure someone will give you some crap, that's our group though and it would not be the same if they don't!!! :bolt: :cool:

Latest posts

Top Bottom